5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm a beginner with Studion One. I'm recording instrument tracks using my MIDI keyboard and it is working perfect BUT it only play the track if the cursor is on the beginning of the track. If I want to play starting from the middle of the music I'm recording, only the audio tracks play, but the MIDI/Instrument Tracks don't.

I have to start playing from the very beginning of the song to play all the instrument tracks.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Appreciate any help,

Carlos
Studio One 3.1.1 Windows 10 Pro 64bits
by justinmeyer on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:04 am
Hi,

Could have different reasons.

It can depend on the length of a note.
Let's say in 1 track you have 1 very long note (e.g. a String phrase).
If you click in the middle of the note, you will not hear anything.
(It has to be "generated"/"produced" first.)

But if you have single tones you should normally hear them.
E.g. you click on measure 015:03:0096 and hear nothing, but once 016:01:0000 comes,
you hear the notes.

Another issue could be that the MIDI device doesn't receive any MSB/LSB/PC info.
So it doesn't know what to play.

What happens if you are on the beginning, click play and then move the cursor manually without to stop?
And which device do you use?
by cautrindade on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:46 pm
Thanks for answering and taking time to help me.

Well, I believe it's the note length. It's a very long single note to work as a background.

As you suggested, I tried to play and then click on the middle of the track and it didn't play too.

Play only if I click play from the very beginning.

I can wait long, but no sound comes.

When you say it's must be "produced", what to you mean ? Rendering it to an audio track ?
by scottyo7 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:04 am
As the timeline moves from zero to the song's end, the complete note has to be scanned from its very start to the end in order to be read and create sound.
The midi note contains the octave, note name, pitch, volume, velocity, etc. If you start in the middle of the note the system can't read it from there.

Want more info?
Go here, 2nd paragraph:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Trucky on Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:50 pm
cautrindade wroteI'm a beginner with Studion One. I'm recording instrument tracks using my MIDI keyboard and it is working perfect BUT it only play the track if the cursor is on the beginning of the track. If I want to play starting from the middle of the music I'm recording, only the audio tracks play, but the MIDI/Instrument Tracks don't.

I have to start playing from the very beginning of the song to play all the instrument tracks.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Appreciate any help,

Carlos
Studio One 3.1.1 Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Enabling the "Chase long notes" option should take care of this issue...

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

5 posts
Page 1 of 1