5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Subject pretty much says it all. Really enjoying S1 so far EXCEPT for this problem, which is beyond infuriating. I'm hoping I'm just missing something obvious, rather than S1 trying to "help" me in an awful way I can't override.

If I have an instance of Kontakt present that has, say, 4 instruments in it going to 4 different output channels, I can't separate those channels in the mixer. That is, if I have another instrument/channel, say Sylenth, I can't put that Sylenth channel in between the Kontakt channels. It'll go to one side or the other, period. I organize my song tracks by part and I can't do that in S1 because it forces me to group the multi-outs. Is there seriously no way to just turn off S1 managing my console organization altogether? I don't want it to do ANYTHING automatically, just let me put whatever channel wherever I want it instead of where it *thinks* I should want it. :thumbdown:
by jpettit on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:08 am
Yes this is by design.
It was a trade off behavior that was a results of nearly four years of frustration with channels having very inconsistent location behavior in 2.6. They actually fixed over a dozen channel position issue in 3.0.
The locked order of multi out instruments is a results of that work.
I am ok with it but maybe the can satisfy both issue without losing control of the positions in the future. Possible an option for people who want that capability.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by kczentropy on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:19 pm
Oh nuts :( That's what I was afraid of. I write software for a living too, so I know how hard it is to satisfy every user at once. I do wish they'd implement an option for totally-hands-off console arrangement though since it's easier code-wise to do that than any other method. Huge bummer for me now though. Fell in love with how great S1 does everything else, but I can't really justify spending the money and time to permanently switch to it when it conflicts with such a fundamental part of my workflow :(

Anywho, thanks for the answer! Glad to know it wasn't me just being dense. Cheers!
by TXbluzmn on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:34 pm
I agree that this is frustrating... I even have songs I made in 2.6 that I rearranged and they show up where they were, but if I move them - it's all over.
by tpulse on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:18 am
So the besy way is to have one midi playing kontakt and not use multi thing?.. i tried to rearrange midichannels on the mxer without any luck.. all this do work in the playlist. It would've been nice if the console have followed the order from playlist.

Studio One 5 Pro :punk:
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit V.1909
Intel i7 4790k
32GB RAM
Softube Console 1
PreSonus Faderport 8
RME FF400 Interface (Firewire Asio)
Ollo S4 headphones

5 posts
Page 1 of 1