20 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am a total newbie, so I apologize in advance for probably making this more difficult than it needed to be.

When I go to the Audio I/O Setup, Studio One sees the M-Box Mini that I am using and shows Front Left and Front Right channels, but neither are selectable or clickable or whatever they should be.

When I try to Arm the track for recording, it won't Arm and I can't record.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? Thank you.

I am using an iMac running 10.6.8 and the mic goes through a Symetrix voice processor before it goes through the M-Box.
by vahevahe on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:15 pm
Make sure you've installed the driver for your interface. After you set up your ins hit apply and make default. After you set up your outputs hit apply and make defaults/

Mid 2010 Mac Pro
OSX 10.10.4
16 gigs or RAM
S1 Pro 3.0.1
Apogee Symphony
by roughmagic on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:29 pm
Unfortunately, that didn't make any difference. Other DAWs have no problem finding the input, but not so here. Thank you for the suggestion though.
by shakaama on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:31 am
This same exact thing is happening to me. I have installed, reinstalled, rebooted, restarted everything several times. All drivers for everything is up to date, installed properly and I can even hear myself through the microphone.

studio one artist
audiobox usb
audio technica 2020
:(
by dr4kan on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:45 am
roughmagic wroteI am a total newbie, so I apologize in advance for probably making this more difficult than it needed to be.

When I go to the Audio I/O Setup, Studio One sees the M-Box Mini that I am using and shows Front Left and Front Right channels, but neither are selectable or clickable or whatever they should be.

When I try to Arm the track for recording, it won't Arm and I can't record.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? Thank you.

I am using an iMac running 10.6.8 and the mic goes through a Symetrix voice processor before it goes through the M-Box.

I have this problem when the sample rate of my audio interface does not match the one of the project. Try this. Make sure the sample rate of the project matches the one of your audio interface. Then, choose the "Built-in" audio as audio interface in S1 an then switch again to your external audio interface. It should work. At least it does so here...

Guitarist and composer:
----------------------------------------------------
https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/davi ... d968493291

My system:
----------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB ram
Presonus Sphere
by matthewgorman on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:26 pm
Something else that may get in the way, make sure you have write permissions to the disc you are recording to. 9 times out of 10 when you have the proper interface selected this is the problem. On windows there is an option to run as administrator. Not sure what the equivalent is on a mac. Another possibility s trying to write to the CD Drive by mistake. Another is trying to write to an external drive that is not present at the time.

Double chech the default file path you are recording to, and make sure that nothing is wonky there.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by rebeccahuddleston on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:09 pm
shakaama wroteThis same exact thing is happening to me. I have installed, reinstalled, rebooted, restarted everything several times. All drivers for everything is up to date, installed properly and I can even hear myself through the microphone.

studio one artist
audiobox usb
audio technica 2020
:(

Did you ever resolve this? I also have an at2020. It worked at first, then stopped after I had done some editing and came back to it. The mic works with Garage band and Audacity and I am able to arm it, but when I hit record, the verticle line moves to the right but nothing gets recorded. The green indicator in the left doesn't move so it appears that S1 is not recognizing the microphone.
by matthewgorman on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:10 am
S1 is not recognizing the microphone.

Unless its a USB mic, S1 doesn't recognize microphones. It recognizes the inputs that the mic is plugged in to. Something seems to be off on how you have everything connected and set up. Hard to tell exactly without more details.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by garrettradke on Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:00 pm
I am having the same issue. I had the mic connected and I was able to record. Now all of the sudden it won’t. My mic is selected, it shows up on audio devices and is selected, sample rates match, but when I create a track to record, it doesn’t show up in the inputs. I am confused, lost and a little irritated. Someone please help
by SwitchBack on Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:41 am
A usb microphone is a microphone and an audio interface in one. Some of them (e.g. the Samson Meteor) have an output for say a headphone too, but many don’t. Using a usb mic with Studio One means that you have to choose that mic as your audio interface in Studio One. That’s the first thing to check.

It also means that you may not be able to listen to anything from the computer while you are recording. That’s the drawback of using a usb mic (without output) rather than an audio interface with inputs AND outputs. So if you switched audio interfaces to be able to listen to what you recorded then you have to configure your audio I/O in Studio One back for further recording.

On a Mac there’s a way out by creating an aggregate device, where you combine several audio interfaces (e.g. the usb mic and the computer’s onboard audio) into one device. No such luck on a PC.

So, a usb microphone does work with Studio One, but it can deny you the possibility to listen to anything while you’re recording. Not a very convenient setup as you'll keep switching between interfaces for recording and listening.
by joshuaeldred on Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:21 pm
I have just purchased the audio box bundle and registered the software and hardware but when I create song I can hear the backing track through my headphones but not the speakers and the mic isn't registering that it's there at all!!

Any help or advice will be appreciated as iv searched high and low for answers
by matthewgorman on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:17 pm
What OS? Catalina updates force users to re enable microphone in device settings.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by SwitchBack on Sun May 03, 2020 4:13 am
Perhaps helpful, when you have a Studio One I/O setup issue, to post pictures of the I/O Setup Inputs and Outputs tabs. I think in 4 out of 5 cases that will clear things up immediately.

If you never set up an input or output before in S1 it is easy to miss that you have to add mono and stereo channels first, before you can use your interface's inputs and outputs.
by scottaiges on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:36 pm
I had the same problem but the fix is super simple. Under "Mic" select Audio I/O Setup. You can assign Mic 1 to Input 1, Mic 2 to Input 2, etc., and click OK. Then you should get levels on your mic and should be able to record sound.
by haywoodneely1 on Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:18 pm
I'm sure this has been resolved but just in case someone (Mac user) reads this after today's date, Try going into settings>security and privacy>click on the privacy tab>(unlock with the lock icon) >click on Microphone>check the box next to the Studio One software (if it isn't checked) lock it.

You may not have given the software permission to use the microphone on your computer.

Hope that helped someone.
by clintonjohnson2 on Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:15 pm
Try going to universal control and adjusting things. I changed my input device from windows to 26c which I didn't know it wasn't on and changed my block size and the mic static dissappeared and it seems to be working.
by williamhogan1 on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:59 pm
I had this same issue and to fix it went into Stuido One, click on "Help", then "Options" and then under "Audio Device" I had to select the interface I was using, which in my case was the AudioBox USB96 and then the mic worked. If you are not plugged directly into the computer and using an interface, this will be your fix.
by willdimar on Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:24 pm
There are a lot of things to check. I spent 3 days resolving this so I'm posting this for anyone else in the future that may need a few ways to look at the issue of not getting a signal from your instrument via a USB Audio Interface. Unfortunately, I can only speak to how it relates to my Mac M1. Although some areas do overlap with PC. Check the following;

Check Interface, Before Going Into The Computer:

- Check for correct input and output sources between 1) Instrument and Interface. (L channel is usually source #1 and mono but can be made as stereo later). 2) Connection from interface to computer.

- Are your cables good? Is your Interface powered by connecting to the computer? Or powered from a socket? If so... is it powered on? It needs to be.

- Make sure all appropriate knobs, buttons and sliders are set according to your manual. They all vary. Some are a little strange like my SSL that has a knob that could represent either the input or USB for the monitor. Double check all that stuff.

- When you plug your instrument/mic in, are you seeing audio signals within your Interface? You should. At minimum an interface will have at least one blinking light that indicates sound coming in. Most interfaces have a line of lights indicating level. In some cases, you can hear the instrument with the headphones plugged into the interface before it's routed into the computer. If not...

- Do you need a pre-amp to send your signal into your interface? If your interface doesn't offer a pre-amp... you do. So, if you don't have a power source within, try an external stomp pedal that can send a signal. (Amp modeler is very helpful) I.G. Guitar > Stomp Box > Interface. (Some guitars use a 9 volt battery for an active style pickup). No battery or built in pre-amp for the mic? Then a mic will need a small pre-amp. I.G. Mic > Pre-amp > Interface

- Are you engaging the LINE button for your instrument and not the 48v which is for a powerless mic? Engage the line button. If it's a mic, without power from a battery or preamp... are you making sure to engage the 48v? (NEVER use the 48v for a guitar or other instrument). If you have a preamp for your mic, use the LINE button.

If all this checks out... the next step is the computer settings and then the DAW.

COMPUTER SETTINGS:

- In Apple, go to System PREFERENCES > SOUND > INPUT. Here in the INPUT you should see your Audio interface brand. Select it. If not, check your USB connection/cable. If still not, check for compatibility issues from the manufacturer. The MAC does not need 'drivers' like a PC. It should automatically be listed unless it's a really old interface. If all is well and you've selected your interface, now look at > OUTPUT. (In the same box as the input).

Here you will have OUTPUT choices. Typically, it will be to send the audio out through: 1-The built in computer speakers. 2- The computer line out for external monitors (also for headphones) 3- An external visual monitor with speakers 4- Audio Interface.

Choose what you prefer. It's probably best to choose your Audio Interface with headphones or if you have a monitor out with speakers from your interface. When this is set... next go to...

- PREFERENCES > SECURITY AND PRIVACY. Look in the left column and choose MICROPHONE. The box to the right will show what programs have permission to use the mic. If you do not see STUDIO ONE checked off... do so. (If you cannot access anything here, you need to choose the PADLOCK ICON with your computer's password to allow Studio One to be checked off). When you're done, just click on padlock to lock again.

HERE IS BIG ONE that no one is mentioning.

If you are getting the message from Studio One: "The sample rate does not match your audio device configuration. The rate you set: 44.1kHz The rate the device has: 48.0 kHz". Or whatever the contradicting numbers of kHz may be... you need to match them. First you will set this in the computer and then later in Studio One. Go to...

- APPLE FINDER Menu on top of the computer screen > GO drop down menu > UTILITIES > double click AUDIO MIDI SETUP. Here you will see on the left side: your Audio Interface along with Apple's mic, speakers and maybe your external monitor. You are going to match all of them. Select one. To the right you will see INPUT and OUTPUT. Choose whatever Hz you like 44 or 48, or whatever, but make sure both input and output match. Go back and do the same for the next item in the left hand side. When done, they should all match your matching input and output.

INSIDE STUDIO ONE

- Open Studio One: Look to the middle panel where is says: SETUP. Click CONFIGURE AUDIO DEVICE and select your Audio Interface. Go to AUDIO SETUP. In the menus for 'PLAYBACK DEVICE AND RECORDING DEVICE' choose your Interface. It should be there and recognized if properly connected. Select it for both Playback and Recording. (If you choose playback you will need to use your headphones or monitors that are plugged into it. Which is the more common way of doing it). Now, if your Sample Rate still looks different from the way you set it earlier in your APPLE MIDI settings, and any you cannot change it, because it's gray... do it in the next step.

- Create a NEW SONG > In the box that opens you will see choices for Styles, Interface, User Song Title, Location of Song saved and SAMPLE RATE. Choose your Song style first. Then enter your SAMPLE RATE that you assigned within your APPLE MIDI SETUP.

Now... a few words. Depending on which Style you choose, you may hit a snag. For some reason the Vocal + Guitar Style should work upon loading. Others like the Band Recording Style may need you to tweak the "input" setting found within the instrument track. I.G. Suppose it's guitar: look directly under the M/S/Record buttons for a drop down menu. In my case, I typically plug my Guitar into the Left channel of my interface. Therefore, I need to select 'Input L' Make sure your L or R matches the left or right input of the audio interface. This will be a mono signal.

Once you get a signal from properly selecting your L or R, you can split the signal. Look to the right of the 'input drop down menu' for a small circle. Click it, and now you'll have a proper left and right. It will also show in the mixer channel. Click the circle again, and you're back to mono.

LASTLY engage RECORD button in the TRACK. Not the activate record in the bottom of the transport. You should be able to hear yourself now.

A tip to SEE your audio: At the very top left of your instruments panel in Studio One's main tracking area, you will see a small wrench icon. (There are many that relate to different areas of functionality within the DAW). Click this. In the drop down menu, you will see functions that can be active or non-active depending if the box is checked. If you check the box for: "Monitoring Follows Record" you will activate a small line of lights (The same color as your instrument) just to the right of your instrument that is armed for recording. I find this helpful.

ADDING more Guitar/mic tracks within your new song: When you create a new audio track using the PLUS BUTTON a window opens. Name it. Make sure the 'Type' has AUDIO selected from your options. For 'Format' choose MONO. Choose left or right depending if it's another live mic/guitar whatever coming from your Interface. This will be mirrored in the track as you just saw earlier.

And Lastly Last, make sure your volumes are all engaged to some degree throughout the many pathways, Track, Master, Guitar, Pre-amps, Computer, Audio Interface, Speakers, Headphones, etc. :-)

I hope this saves at least one person the frustrations I had to go through. I apologize if there any errors here. But I think it's pretty tight. I will edit this if anyone come across something. HAPPY RECORDING!
by lairek4life on Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:04 pm
so Im new to this and not sure what Im doing... the interface and mic both work, i even tested the mic on the computer and it works fine. I have a "Rode complete kit N1 and AI-1" so AI-1 interface and a N1 microphone.. for some reason it wont work with the studio one 5 everytime I try recording. please email me with some advice, Im really trying to get back into music "[email protected]"
by henriquecoe on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:10 pm
Hi. I am new on StudioOne 5. I am trying to simply record a track using the internal mic of my laptop (so, no USB or other external devices). However, StudioOne seems not to be recognizing the Realtek device, which is the standard for my laptop and even the first audio device listed on Studio One's Audio Setup.
Basically, I click on record to arm the track, but there is no signal. If I change the audio device to "Windows Audio", it works. But I suppose it should be working with Realtek, as it is internal. Any thoughts on how to solve that? I am attaching a print screen.
Thank you.

Attachments
Realtek and StudioOne.jpg

20 posts
Page 1 of 1