8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have in my windows preference set scale 125%. but without use high dpi in pro one Options, fonts are very small and the midi editor images and notes are sharp. but the fonts are too small. So i use high dpi mode. text have good size and is sharp, but the midi editor notes look blur. the blur midi editor give me too pain in eyes as the in normal mode the very small fonts

Can the blurness change in any way ?

BTW: studio one is best midi DAW i hear to play Lead guitar on board with Phat paul and the redlight dist+ ampire. when draw pitch bend using the parabel mode it sound like real guitar play. see attach the small example song. 1. with parabel pitch bend. 2. with no pitchbend. other track use linear bend, but sound not so good.

Attachments
guitarlead.zip
(25.57 KiB) Downloaded 326 times

win 11 64 I5 8600K(6*4.1 GHZ) studio one V 5 pro
by bennyr1 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:04 am
I have done a screenshot from my 1920*1080 display resolution now. forum allow only 800 pixel, so i make around 800*600 crop from the 1920*1080 image. here can see the lines in the arranger display are blur. should i upload the part of midi editor too ?. The text in the midi note names and lines in midi editor are blur too. the display in arranger is free scalable, but all scales are blur

Attachments
Clip_20.jpg

by bennyr1 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:13 pm
problem happen when i set 125% in this setting see screenshot. this make the windows default fonts in all programs larger.

when set to 100% blur do not happen in high dpi mode in SO 1. but with high dpi monitor, all need set to more than 100%, because then overal windows fonts are too small to read on a 4 K Monitor.

Attachments
Clip_23.jpg

by bennyr1 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:31 am
I update to win 10 problem is same.

by bennyr1 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:24 am
now the update to 3.1 let all show blur

microsoft write to the problem and the solution this. programmer need get the DPI value and draw depend on this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900023

Symptoms
When you use a Windows 8-based or Windows 8.1-based computer that has a display that features many dots per inch (that is, a high-DPI display), some desktop applications may appear somewhat blurry when you compare them with other applications on the screen. Alternately, display problems may exist such as truncated text. This behavior occurs in such programs as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Media Player, Windows Firewall, the Windows 8 Calendar app, and Windows Journal.
Cause
In order to provide an optimal experience on high-DPI displays, desktop applications have to detect the DPI of the display that is being used and then scale their graphical elements, text, and screen layout appropriately. Some applications do not implement this. Therefore, they may not look as sharp. Other applications may attempt to implement this, but may not implement it correctly, causing problems such as truncated text or incorrectly sized graphical elements.

by karlorsborn on Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:39 am
Hi Benny,

Doesn't look like you got much help on this one. I'm currently using Studio One 2 and I'm actually thinking of upgrading to Studio One 3 but I'm checking out a few other DAWs before I do.

One of the things I want is a DAW that's got high-DPI GUI, and S1 v3 does really well in this respect. In fact, I think most DAW manufacturers have introduced new high-DPI GUIs in their latest releases, although some look much better than others.

Cakewalk were one of the first, and Sonar looks great, but a little cluttered compared with S1. I was told that Digital Performer had a great GUI but in Windows it looks pretty bad, with very small blurry text, but I might have missed a setting here, like in S1. Bitwig too has a lovely GUI. Basically, they all make the older version of S1 look pretty bad on a full HD display.

Anyway, I think the problem you're having is that Presonus might not have put the work in to make EVERY graphical element work perfectly in high-DPI mode, and it looks like the midi editor is one such area. I might be wrong, but seeing as the rest of the software looks great, I'd assume this to be the case.

Is it really such a big problem as you're making out? Or have you found a solution?

Cheers

Karl
by bennyr1 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:00 am
Now with 3.1 update all is blur, see also in compare to the browser view in picture i attach. forum allow only 800*600 size, so it is so small. when i disable DPI scaling all is very small. I buy reaper and disable DPI scaling. reaper have same problems as S1. But in reaper 5 Fonts are larger and can better read with DPI Scale off. In S1 3 i miss much features and price is very high. I see what the future bring for S1. If the image i upload is not in the browser page image not sharp you have zoom in browser active. ctrl+mousewheel zoom in browser. if browser image is blur too you can download it and show in image viewer. s1 look as i have old CRT Monitor attach.

Clip_6.jpg

I sit not so near before computer, because i have always a midi keyboard before monitor. so i need 125% for Full HD
Edit: in firefox the image is always in browser zoom up. I need 2 steps scale down always, to see image at correct sharp and size

by bennyr1 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 pm
I see the new 3.5.4 do this ok. but i buy now a 27 Zoll monitor, because my old monitor is broken and i buy a small computer keyboard that i put on my midi keyboard. so i can more near to computer monitor and i have setting 100% now. so can see more. its possible after a little learning to write fast as before, and it is possible to play good with midi keyboard too. i need long time to find this solution to use a normal key midi keyboard. only 4 pads can reach and some sliders and buttons cant reach. the endless knobs are on left side and can reach. the start stop forward rewind buttons can reach too. but i mostly need them not.

Attachments
midi+ascii_resize.JPG

8 posts
Page 1 of 1