3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi. Love my StudioOne Prime registered 4.6.2.58729 Win x64. Just installed Amplitude 5 CS, have pointed SO Prime to the c:\Program Files\VST folder. As the title, no VST quick access is showing in the BROWSE panel.

What am I doing wrong?

Noob with all of this stuff so please help! Have searched forums but no mention of my specific issue.

Cheers!

UPDATE:

Just found this old thread from 5+ years ago. Is this still true? Registered Studio One Prime 4+ cannot support VSTs???

https://answers.presonus.com/39196/are- ... ne-4-prime
by Trucky on Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Correct. Studio One Prime doesn't support 3rd Party Plug-ins (AU, VST2, and VST3 plug-ins) .

Here's a comparison chart of what each version includes:
https://www.fmicassets.com/sites/presonus.com/img/PDFs/presonus-so66-compare-versions.pdf

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by joesatchton on Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:17 am
Thanks for the reply. But man is that a BUMMER. Other free DAWs do apparently support VSTs. As a noob with DAWs and recording, I ended using and learning a bit about StudioOne4 Prime since it came with a registered key from my Spark 40 amp purchase a few years ago.

I ended up really liking how StudioOne4 works but now apparently need to abandon it for something else, like Cakewalk for example.

I understand nerfing software to encourage purchasing more complete versions. Yet not supporting VSTs seems to me to be similar to not allowing cut/copy/paste on a computer as VSTs have become so ubiquitous and such a basic feature with digital recording.

Disappointed in Presonus, but thanks all the same for the definitive response.

Cheers

3 posts
Page 1 of 1