5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have create the packages with the files as .zip and rename to package and i copy it to my c:\program files\presonus\studio one 3\scripts as explain here viewtopic.php?f=152&t=26397
i find another scripts folder in my drive h which contain too scripts but they are with date 2015.i put files here in too. i currently use the pro demo. see the attachment, this is the tutorial package can unzip. I think it work ok. I like program that apply a rythm to events or randomize note orders. because there is a gui possible i like add a 16 step grid(with 16 toggle buttons). and depend on this grid, notes that are not select are mute.
maybe there can on other place download such scripts. strange that the studio x scripts are not available.

Attachments
script.zip
(1.86 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

win 11 64 I5 8600K(6*4.1 GHZ) studio one V 5 pro
by Lawrence on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:12 am
That kind of thing is possible, perhaps designing a graphic grid for a GUI and using that grid to define what notes or note ranges are modified in some kind of way based on the musical grid. The math for that may be a little tricky for those (like me) who are not great at math.

Unless you're pretty good at JS and math that may be a tough goal for your first Studio One script. Maybe start with something simpler and work your way up to it.
by bennyr1 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:35 pm
A big problem is, that in the example about script programming is not show, how can output values from a script. programing is more easy, if there come error messages and if it is possible to single step in a debugger or at least have the ability to output values of variables in the program to a logfile. how can do that in studio one ?.

I notice now that the tutorial script work, the name stand only in event menu on top and not in actions.
I change this to
<Attribute id="menuPriority" value="-1"/>

because in this file stand
menuPriority: Position of where the item shows in the menu or not.
-1 would mean not, it would only show in the action list. -->

if i do this, then there is nothing in menu and in edit macro event there is find do something(which is the tutorial function). seem when 0 is set as in the example, that the function is only list in menu event and not in macro edit. maybe there need something delete in studio one that the command is delete. but anyway if use -1 work

I try change to 0 back, to verify but then always in edit macro.

It is very important that can fast test new versions, so if the files can use for develop reasons without zip them to package, make things faster.

Edit: i notice that the packages need put in c:\program files\presonus\studio one 3\scripts. put in user data location scripts folder do not work

by Lawrence on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:39 am
I'm far from a professional developer so I'm not sure how you (or I, in this case) might debug print things from VS Code, which is what I mostly use, when the interface has to run from Studio One. There may be a way to do that in Visual Studio, "attach" a debugger to the real time process, but I have no clue, over my head. I typically debug this stuff with alert messages along the way.

Maybe in some later version they'll put an editor in the app like the XT editor for realtime debugging of those things.

That tag you showed works as written, -1 means that the action won't list in any application menus but it always shows in the action list.

And yes, those packages load on launch from the application \scripts folder. Scripts can run from the other location like scripts in the macro toolbar extension can be run from AppData or whatever, it's a little more work making that happen.

It is very important that can fast test new versions, so if the files can use for develop reasons without zip them to package, make things faster.

Edit, pack, test. On Mac you can use an Automator script to quickly package up and replace modified code. On Windows it's a little slower but goes faster if you work with Studio One outside of \Program Files so that you don't have to to confirm it every time you replace the package.
by bennyr1 on Sat May 25, 2019 8:22 am
In the 4.5 i see big enhance in macros and scripts and hotkeys that are not list in the feature list. Is there a faster way maybe here ?. or a editor for debugging ?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1