2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all.

My problem really is in the analogue domain, (I run a Neve VR Console) and trying to configure S1 to work the way i like to work, but the problem im facing is this :-

On my current setup (Protools HD) I run my desk as a summing mixer, so I can run a hybrid setup, full mix&track using just the protools as a glorified tape machine. - I have it setup on my patchbay that I/O Send/return) is at i/o 23 & 24, these are effectively my 2 bus for monitor & print via protools.

The internal i/o config is setup so I can have channels 1 to 22 as pure mic line inputs, and channels 1 through to 32 as the desk outputs that are linked (normalised) on the patch bay.

Right...so I have a submix setup in protools that passes all the audi from chn 23 24, sends that to my master fader that then outputs this to monitor at also 23/24. I can then arm this for print when mix complete. however this is done internally. (using aux buses)

However.... moving to Studio one.. I cant do this as I cant control the "input" like as an internal bus as I do with protools...right?

I have setup the same config.. so all my i/o is setup the same (my default is 23/24 for both in/out) all other channels go to the respective channel on the desk.

What happens is, if I create a new track, then i can get the output if I set to main.. no problem. - but if I send that audio to say, channel 4 then the audio does not route internally through to the main fader. (in this case chn 23/24) because its being output on chn 4 - i see the VU's on the neve playing audio, but obv. I dont get sound..

For the record here is how I have it setup in ProTools.

My "Submix" aux fader us setup so that all channels run through it via i/o 23/24. its labeld as Submix so this is the input. - the output of that then goes to an internal bux called "printbus", that output is then mapped to the audio master track than is then sent to the outputs for print/monitor on chn 23/24

This is what I want to replicate in Studio one. - can this be done?

Im really sorry that I had to explain it this way. as I felt I needed to explain the whole story. - so apologies for that.

So.. Im really impressed with S1's features so far, and would love to actually get stuck in more, but obv, Im stuck just now so I cant...

So anyone care to help : )

Thanks
Andy
by andyhodgson on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:21 am
To reply to my own post, I manged to fix the issue, just needed a seperate blank audio track, to arm the track via moniter button.. its the reverse of protools, but still does the job I need and thats all good!....

So Based on that I can now evaluate it and hopefully put money in the presonus bank!

2 posts
Page 1 of 1