4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Looking for tips or advice on how to efficiently parse a live recording into individual songs.

Is there a way for Studio One to export the content of ong live recording session into individual songs?

For example, I have recorded a live performance of a trio that was two hours long... the performance consisted of about 25-30 songs. How to do I mark/split the recording session that is really one SONG into multiple songs and then be able to send each individual song to the project file for mastering and finalization?

-KD
by BrockStapper on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:36 pm
Set markers at each song start/end point
Export with "between each marker" option
by Kevin DeFever on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:04 pm
Thanks for the reply BrockStapper!

Indeed, the export between markers option works well... it creates folders for each song based upon the marker name... however, ALL of the exported .wav files within each folder are still named the title of the original Song... how do I make it so each individual exported .wav also has the name of the marker? In addition, is there a way to automate this so that I can just export the pre-named files, via markers, into to a mastering project directly so I don't have to manually import them in to a new project after the export process?

-KD
by mike48 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:53 am
Here's what I do- Mix the entire live recording, since it's the same instruments and locale a general mix should suffice, might need to use a limiter (gasp) just to catch peaks and leave headroom for the mastering. Choose start new project and wait for the project page to open and the mastering page opens. Master however you like with plugins, then place the cursor between first and second songs and choose split at cursor from right click menu.
Now you have a short song and a long track. continue separating songs one by one, trimming any wasted space between songs while guitar tunes, etc. You can double click on the track title section on the redundant single file name as you do and rename the songs.

I then do a digital release and do the first and second sets separately.

Blessings!

4 posts
Page 1 of 1