6 posts
Page 1 of 1
As stated above....can I just use/download the audio recording and mixing parts of Studio One. I have no desire/need to use the other stuff. For me, it's confusing clutter.

Also, is there a corresponding section of the user manual that addresses audio recording, without all the (for my uses) extraneous stuff. ?

Apple MacBook Pro 2.2Hz Quad-core i7
Presonus 1810c Studio 5.5
Yamaha N1X piano / Yamaha Reface DX / Yamaha Reface CP
Assortment of hand drums
by SwitchBack on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am
On installation S1 gives options what to install and what not. As a minimum you will get a working recording and mixing environment. Anything else is optional. You can always revisit your choices to add or remove components.

Installing the manual is also optional and yes, it has a section about recording too.

Attachments
S1 Reference Manual index.png
by Steve Carter on Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:10 pm
Have you tried downloading the trial version of S1 Pro to see what’s available as standard?

You’ll find that you can hide the ‘extraneous clutter’ during use to run the DAW streamlined but still have the ‘extraneous clutter’ available to you when you learn how to use the software when things will be less ‘confusing’.

I converted to S1 at version 1 because it was more intuitive and less cluttered and confusing than other DAWs I looked at. I still only use the basic recording/mixing facilities 95% of the time and rarely use the stock plugins/instruments (except Presence which I use as a convenience at the start of a project).

I don’t even know where to look or how to invoke many of the ‘bells and whistles’ that have been added over the years by the developers but I have the latest full version available to me should I need it - I know it’s all there (I think) but it’s just not in my face - only the stuff I need!
by davidgoethe on Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:12 pm
A couple of years or so I tried using S1 and allowed the install to download a bunch of stuff that I did not understand....but something didn't complete properly and I of got errors.

Now I'm ready to try again. I pulled out my Presonus Studio 2/6. I'm hoping I can only install the audio stuff. I'm a recording luddite - an experienced piano/musician - but a recording rube. But I like the Presonus support ecosystem. And the tutorials and such.

Thanks for the replies.

Assortment of hand drums
by davidgoethe on Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:27 pm
Well, I looked at the note I made on the registration papers - and I see that the S1 version was 3....and now they're at 5. I think. Will I need to upgrade ?

Assortment of hand drums
by Steve Carter on Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:34 pm
Do you still have the original v3 download? If so it should load and be perfectly adequate for the basic tasks that you require without the need to upgrade.

Otherwise, if you log in to your Presonus account you should find the S1 version you purchased and registered previously but whether or not the v3…. is still available to download I couldn’t say - try it..!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!

6 posts
Page 1 of 1