3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Yes, I am a beginner to playing guitar through a computer, but I shouldn't have this much trouble getting things to sound good. The first thing I ever tried to play my electric guitar through is Amp One on an older iPad. It sounds amazing, and the effects included do as well. When I try to play the same guitar through my Audiobox iTwo and Studio One Artist 4.6.2 and using Ampire, it just sounds really BLAH no matter what I do with the settings, both in Ampire and general Studio One settings to make sure I'm not overworking the CPU. The effects pedals also do almost nothing (I've moved them from in front of the amp to after too.) They're trying to do their thing, but really not very noticeable at all. The computer is a laptop, but it is a not too old core i7 gaming laptop running up to date Windows 10 that is pretty powerful.
Is there some fundamental thing I might be missing?
by TomC. on Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:05 am
Without knowing what kind of sound you are going for, this is a bit difficult to answer. However, one way to check this would be to download another amp sim that is a known good quantity. Something from ML Sound Labs would be a fine place to start, if a nice, beefy distorted sound is your thing. Grab their Amped Roots sim. It has a free model of a 5150 III amp. If that sounds underwhelming, chances are you need to turn up the gain at the interface, or look into something in the signal chain.

https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/amped-roots
by simonbezian on Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:33 pm
Yeah I have the same issue with Ampire within Studio One 5 Artist, I guess guitar effects are raw and default and we need to tweak them to what we are looking for that sounds good for the song, I get all the effects with distorsion but sounds they are low gain and creepy

3 posts
Page 1 of 1