4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Recording a 4 mic drum kit, and seeing every layer after doing a few passes is overwhelming. Can I hide layers until ready to expand?

If I turn off "takes to layers" , that hides the layers (they seem to just sit on top of each other), but I don't know how to expand the passes into layers.
by jasonwolfe1 on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:56 pm
Been a few hours trying to figure out and I think I found it. So after recording with "takes to layers" selected , right clicking on the track (not item or take) shows the option "expand layers" with a convenient quick key "E" . Almost seems like a bad joke after all my toil :roll:
by mycbeats on Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:06 pm
Go to Options, Advanced, Editing, "Expand layers after recording takes". Uncheck that.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by lawajava on Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:33 pm
Control Alt L (show hide)

Studio One Pro latest, Macbook Pro M3 Max, 64GB. 10TB SSD. Babyface Pro audio interface. KRK VXT8 Monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, NI Maschine Jam, NI Komplete Kontrol S88, S61 and S49 and S25, Guitars, Bass. Main mic is Shure SM7db.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1