24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Hey, first of all thank you very much for this post.
My song got stuck at "Loading: Song..." I discovered (thanks to you) that the problem is with the vst 3 service. So I desabled it and opened the song no problem and I removed all the plugins in the song.
The problem is when I rwctivate the service after I removed all the plugins it still freezes at "Loading: song..." with 0 plugins in the session.
I am using studio one 5
User avatar
by Bbd on Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:13 am
Please open a support ticket for any ssues or you can start a new topic in the forum.
This topic was really meant for how to debug and not a specific issue.

Thanks.

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.


OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM
User avatar
by kurtackerman on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 pm
I realize that this is an old thread. It's helpful. What's not helpful and is missing is the greater generational issue of S1 v3, 4 and now 5 sharing this issue and no one from Presonus sounding off about why it's happening? It's been documented on Mac and Windows and across multiple versions of S1. It's also documented that this issue is somewhat unique to S1. I myself have never witnessed an issue quite like this in older DAWs I've used in the past. How do the other DAWs get around it? Is the root cause truly a file system error? Corruption? If so, why is it not being addressed? Any good software company should know that foundational issues require extreme attention to provide stability and workflow continuity. There's nothing worse or more embarrassing than a technical issue that prevents momentum. It's simply unprofessional.
I have this issue now. What's my option if I find that it's a plugin? Hope that another developer recognizes it and eventually fixes it? Do I have to stop using the plugins I love, paid for and rely on? Geez.
User avatar
by joeljossie on Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:40 pm
kurtackerman wroteI realize that this is an old thread. It's helpful. What's not helpful and is missing is the greater generational issue of S1 v3, 4 and now 5 sharing this issue and no one from Presonus sounding off about why it's happening? It's been documented on Mac and Windows and across multiple versions of S1. It's also documented that this issue is somewhat unique to S1. I myself have never witnessed an issue quite like this in older DAWs I've used in the past. How do the other DAWs get around it? Is the root cause truly a file system error? Corruption? If so, why is it not being addressed? Any good software company should know that foundational issues require extreme attention to provide stability and workflow continuity. There's nothing worse or more embarrassing than a technical issue that prevents momentum. It's simply unprofessional.
I have this issue now. What's my option if I find that it's a plugin? Hope that another developer recognizes it and eventually fixes it? Do I have to stop using the plugins I love, paid for and rely on? Geez.


Couldn't possibly agree more. This has been an issue for quite some time, but it seems to have gotten worse as of late. I have a song that is using no plugins unique to it (all plugins have been used in other songs at various times), yet it still becomes a "corrupted" song file almost every time I save it. What's also strange is that the behavior isn't consistent. Occasionally, I will be able to get the file to open. I've tried opening older autosaved versions with varying success. Once I have a version that opens correctly (without trying the troubleshooting methods discussed earlier in the thread), I save it as a new song file, then it eventually becomes corrupt again. Incredibly frustrating.

Even if it is an issue with a particular plugin, you'd think the developers would be able to make some sort of error handling, rather than allowing one bad plugin to take down the entire program with no crash logs or even an error message. Really disappointing that my favorite (yes, still my favorite) DAW still hasn't fixed an issue this large. It's been at least 6 years. Ugh.

Studio One Artist v 5
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Ryzen 3600
16Gb RAM
512Gb NVME SSD

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests