27 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Hey, first of all thank you very much for this post.
My song got stuck at "Loading: Song..." I discovered (thanks to you) that the problem is with the vst 3 service. So I desabled it and opened the song no problem and I removed all the plugins in the song.
The problem is when I rwctivate the service after I removed all the plugins it still freezes at "Loading: song..." with 0 plugins in the session.
I am using studio one 5
by Bbd on Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:13 am
Please open a support ticket for any ssues or you can start a new topic in the forum.
This topic was really meant for how to debug and not a specific issue.

Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by kurtackerman on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 pm
I realize that this is an old thread. It's helpful. What's not helpful and is missing is the greater generational issue of S1 v3, 4 and now 5 sharing this issue and no one from Presonus sounding off about why it's happening? It's been documented on Mac and Windows and across multiple versions of S1. It's also documented that this issue is somewhat unique to S1. I myself have never witnessed an issue quite like this in older DAWs I've used in the past. How do the other DAWs get around it? Is the root cause truly a file system error? Corruption? If so, why is it not being addressed? Any good software company should know that foundational issues require extreme attention to provide stability and workflow continuity. There's nothing worse or more embarrassing than a technical issue that prevents momentum. It's simply unprofessional.
I have this issue now. What's my option if I find that it's a plugin? Hope that another developer recognizes it and eventually fixes it? Do I have to stop using the plugins I love, paid for and rely on? Geez.
by joeljossie on Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:40 pm
kurtackerman wroteI realize that this is an old thread. It's helpful. What's not helpful and is missing is the greater generational issue of S1 v3, 4 and now 5 sharing this issue and no one from Presonus sounding off about why it's happening? It's been documented on Mac and Windows and across multiple versions of S1. It's also documented that this issue is somewhat unique to S1. I myself have never witnessed an issue quite like this in older DAWs I've used in the past. How do the other DAWs get around it? Is the root cause truly a file system error? Corruption? If so, why is it not being addressed? Any good software company should know that foundational issues require extreme attention to provide stability and workflow continuity. There's nothing worse or more embarrassing than a technical issue that prevents momentum. It's simply unprofessional.
I have this issue now. What's my option if I find that it's a plugin? Hope that another developer recognizes it and eventually fixes it? Do I have to stop using the plugins I love, paid for and rely on? Geez.

Couldn't possibly agree more. This has been an issue for quite some time, but it seems to have gotten worse as of late. I have a song that is using no plugins unique to it (all plugins have been used in other songs at various times), yet it still becomes a "corrupted" song file almost every time I save it. What's also strange is that the behavior isn't consistent. Occasionally, I will be able to get the file to open. I've tried opening older autosaved versions with varying success. Once I have a version that opens correctly (without trying the troubleshooting methods discussed earlier in the thread), I save it as a new song file, then it eventually becomes corrupt again. Incredibly frustrating.

Even if it is an issue with a particular plugin, you'd think the developers would be able to make some sort of error handling, rather than allowing one bad plugin to take down the entire program with no crash logs or even an error message. Really disappointing that my favorite (yes, still my favorite) DAW still hasn't fixed an issue this large. It's been at least 6 years. Ugh.

Studio One Artist v 5
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Ryzen 3600
16Gb RAM
512Gb NVME SSD
by dongios on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:34 pm
Thank you JPettit--very helpful

Studio One Pro V4, Windows 10 64 bit, Audiobox 1818 VSL, Melodyne 5 Studio, 16 GB of RAM
by rapasaotieno on Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:42 am
All my songs are crashing after I did a computer rebuild to re-install Mac Catalina from Big Sure. I tried the above method which isolated the AU services however I was not able to isolate which plugin is causing songs to crash. In the end I turned all the AU plugin (in red) off, saved the song under a new name and re-enabled the AU services to then launch the new song and it crashes. Also I wonder what do you do with the faulty plugin once you isolate it. Do you uninstall and re-instal it? I read the whole thread but I could not find an answer.
by PreAl on Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:15 pm
rapasaotieno wroteAll my songs are crashing after I did a computer rebuild to re-install Mac Catalina from Big Sure. I tried the above method which isolated the AU services however I was not able to isolate which plugin is causing songs to crash. In the end I turned all the AU plugin (in red) off, saved the song under a new name and re-enabled the AU services to then launch the new song and it crashes. Also I wonder what do you do with the faulty plugin once you isolate it. Do you uninstall and re-instal it? I read the whole thread but I could not find an answer.

Just save a copy of the project and delete the plugins one by one until you've found it.
You could try reinstalling the plugin, you should also make sure you update the plugin to the latest version. Finally will need to contact the plugins support if there is still an issue, it could easily be that it isn't Big Sur compatible.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

27 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2