62 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
Thanks so much for this Chord Track pdf and so much more that you provide to this community.
Cheers!
Wally

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5
by slacknote on Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:58 am
So did I understand it correctly that if you don't want all events from a track to follow the chord track, you'll have to copy those events to another track?
It's a nifty tool, but I don't understand why it's track based and not event based. It's unlikely you wouldn't want to chance one or two notes on a whole track right?
Last edited by slacknote on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

----
Studio One Pro 6.5.1, Quantum 2632, 2*Behringer ADA8200, H470 AORUS Pro AX Rev 1.001e, GC-Titan Ridge 2.0 PCIe Thunderbolt card, StarTech Thunderbolt cable, StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter, Intel Core i9-10850K 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro, Samsung U32R59 32 Inch Monitor
by ianwestern1 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:19 am
Hi guys. Some help would be appreciated regarding the chord track if possible please.

This is my exact process:-
1 Create a midi chord progression on an instrument channel, detect chords and extract to chord channel. Happy so far.
2. Create another instrument channel for a bass line. I add a basic bassline using midi, i then go into the inspector and follow chord track using the bass option. It changes some of the notes mostly to root notes. Im happy with most of the notes its changed but a few i want to change further so i do. Im happy with that.
The chord progression and bass line is say for example an 8 bar loop.
3. I now want to extend the regions so i click the existing bass line region and hit D to duplicate. It duplicates the track, but, the midi notes have reverted to where Studio One put them when i hit follow chords - bass originally, not where i then manually changed them slightly afterwards.

Is there a way, once you've manually moved some notes AFTER you've hit follow chords, for you to maybe reprint the entire MIDI event so it doesn't revert back to the original follow chords placement? I've tried right clicking on the event region and rendering instrument part, that doesn't do anything. Bouncing just turns it to audio.

If i create the pattern how i want it and then turn off follow chords it just changes everything back to how it was to start with.

Im pulling my hair out with this.

Regards

Ian
by psusername on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:21 pm
Hi,

I am not familiar with using the chord track, but maybe you need to save your changes and then try to duplicate the part/event?

Just a thought....

p

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU = Intel Core i&-3770K CPU @ 3.5GHz
Ram = 32GB
Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce GT640
Displays = Acer T232HL & AOC 2429W
Studio One 5
StudioLive III 32
Focusrite Liquid 56
Focusrite ISA428
dBX 161s
Universal Audio 6176
Allen&Heath GL3000
by josephholt on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:50 am
Hey, cudos, this is a very nice little booklet, I'm gonna keep this on had for sure.
by vanhaze on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:48 pm
a) Before you duplicate, rightmouse click on the Musical Part in which you changed some MIDI Notes.
b) Then choose Musical Functions > Freeze Pitch.
c) Then do the Duplicate.

Does this help ?

Warm Regards.

ianwestern1 wroteHi guys. Some help would be appreciated regarding the chord track if possible please.

This is my exact process:-
1 Create a midi chord progression on an instrument channel, detect chords and extract to chord channel. Happy so far.
2. Create another instrument channel for a bass line. I add a basic bassline using midi, i then go into the inspector and follow chord track using the bass option. It changes some of the notes mostly to root notes. Im happy with most of the notes its changed but a few i want to change further so i do. Im happy with that.
The chord progression and bass line is say for example an 8 bar loop.
3. I now want to extend the regions so i click the existing bass line region and hit D to duplicate. It duplicates the track, but, the midi notes have reverted to where Studio One put them when i hit follow chords - bass originally, not where i then manually changed them slightly afterwards.

Is there a way, once you've manually moved some notes AFTER you've hit follow chords, for you to maybe reprint the entire MIDI event so it doesn't revert back to the original follow chords placement? I've tried right clicking on the event region and rendering instrument part, that doesn't do anything. Bouncing just turns it to audio.

If i create the pattern how i want it and then turn off follow chords it just changes everything back to how it was to start with.

Im pulling my hair out with this.

Regards

Ian

Macbook Air M1 2020, 8 gig RAM, 256 gig SSD | OSX Ventura -latest Beta | Presonus Studio 24C audio interface.
by Quietly on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 am
Nice one many thanks.

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by johndecarteret on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:01 am
Many thanks, certainly a great help for a newbie. Love it, more please.
by davidwellerstein on Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:41 pm
I own and use Studio One 5.0 Artist and would love to utilize chord track as I was given an audio file, without a chord chart, that I have to figure out. However, it doesn't seem worth $299 to upgrade to S15 Pro just for that one feature.

I have found Scaler 2 but the interface seems less-than-intuitive to me, especially compared to what I've seen online about S1 Chord Track. Can anyone recommend a plugin, or if necessary, an application that would perform the function of chord detect? Scaler is reasonably priced and it may be the best option. Might just have to spend some time learning it.

If this is the wrong place to post this, happy to move it elsewhere.

Thanks for your help! Love S1!

--David
by jpettit on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:07 pm
Are you detecting Audio or MIDI?

I think the new Scaler 2 can detect Audio now but no data on accuracy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pbr5Ti7P5o

You can also detect chords with the free Melodyne 5 version offers with S1 but I am not sure that comes with Artist.

You can also wait a bit for the demo of S1 Pro.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by davidwellerstein on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:37 pm
Audio file. Midi would be much easier. Thanks!
by frank.crow on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:59 am
I use the Scaler 2 plugin as well as the chord track and they really compliment one another especially with the features added between Scaler and Scaler 2.

My humble opinion the Chord Track is a great idea that still needs to be refined. I believe that Scaler 2 is more of what that refinement would look like.

Yes it took a minute to get my head wrapped around it but once I did I’ll never look back.

It’s so great to have all of the alternative interpretations of the related scale as well as modal options for improvisation.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by filster on Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:10 pm
Thanks for the guide ;)
by jpettit on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:12 am
phpBB [video]

Good explanation of Chord track modes by Gregor.
phpBB [video]

Gregor demonstrates using the chord track for composing.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by kozmyk on Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:24 pm
jpettit wrote
phpBB [video]

Good explanation of Chord track modes by Gregor.
phpBB [video]

Gregor demonstrates using the chord track for composing.

Only just discovering your Chord Track Explained Handbook.pdf now jpettit
And excellent work it is too; as are your Macros.
There are some wrinkles in there that I haven't used before.
I shall be studying your guide further, in detail. :thumbup:

Firepod(FP10 firmware), Studio One v5.0.1 (Sphere), Melodyne 5 Studio, Ableton Lite, Bitwig, Mixers (Soundcraft,Behringer,Studiomaster) Remotes Android, Sensel Morph, Instruments Basses, Guitars, Keyboards, Banjo, Didj, Cowbell, Mics-Dozens

Win10 Home, Intel i7 3770K 4.2GHz, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 2GB
by timellwood on Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:48 am
Awesome! and Thank You. :punk:

OSX El Capitan version 10.12.2, Mac Pro Mid 2012 12 Core, Apogee Quartet, Studio One 3.3 Professional.
by johnbarber9 on Tue May 04, 2021 7:51 am
Hi
Is there some way to extract a summary list of the chords in the chord track? Maybe this is being lazy, rather than working through, say, 160 bars to check you've got all chords used.
John
by colinmiller01 on Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:30 am
Bump. Starting to explore chord track - is it possible to automate when in a track the chord track is turned on and off? I want a track to at first follow the chords in the chord track but then after a certain point not to.

Studio One 5.3
AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X
Windows 10 Home English
1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s
64GB DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface (Gen 3)
Yamaha Motif XF8
by colinmiller01 on Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:24 am
Never mind duh you just delete the chords in chord track and the tracks can then play freely.

Studio One 5.3
AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X
Windows 10 Home English
1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s
64GB DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface (Gen 3)
Yamaha Motif XF8
by madisonfinley on Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:22 pm
I'm just discovering this guide now, and before I work through it, I wondered if it still applies fully to Studio One version 5? Thanks.

Windows 11 Home, Notion 6, Studio One 6. Intel i9, 32 GB RAM

62 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4