2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey, I'm really new to Studio One and I'm sure this is something dumb but I haven't found a similar issue with an answer. My MIDI input is working correctly in all aspects so far when recording except for whenever I play a sequenced premade patch that requires holding a key down to loop all the notes. Studio One recognizes the initial key stroke on input monitor on instrument track but only records the first note in the sequence for however long I hold down the key. The input monitor drops to nothing following the initial key strike as I hold key down but it shows continuous input on VST panel. TLDR version, just want to record the entire sequence as I hold down a given key.

Thanks for any help
by Coloss on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:27 am
Hi, a bit late to the party, but in case you haven't figured it out yet - this is not how arps work. When you hit the record button, the DAW will record only the notes you are actually pressing on your keyboard or putting in the midi editor. It doesn't "see" the midi information from the VST's arp patch. I'm no pro so i honestly don't even know if there's a way to record it. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Windows 10, Studio One 4

2 posts
Page 1 of 1