2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I may be losing my mind. I distinctly remember that I used to adjust the volume of individual clips in a track easily. Click on the clip, the drag the top line of the clip up to raise the volume, down to lower the volume. When I do this now (Studio One Pro 3) it visually increases or decreases the size of the waves in the clip, but makes NO difference in the playback volume.

Have I lost my mind? What am I doing wrong? And before you jump on me, I know I can just automate the volume on the track, but this used to be such a quick simple fix to even out audio clips.

Again, it "looks" like it's working by adjusting the size of the waves in the clip, but makes no volume difference during playback.

One disadvantage I have is with my current work schedule, I only get to play in Studio One a few times a year any more, so I may have just forgotten a step or something.

I'm confused. Any help?

Fozz

Presonus USB 1824C
Presonus Studio One Pro, Ver. 4 and Ver. 6
Windows 10, 64 bit pro, AMD 3.30 6-core processor, 16gb RAM
Studio Equipment:
KRK Rokit 6 monitors
AKG C 414Xll and Shure SM81 mics
Ampeg SVT-Pro 4 with 6-10"cab
Line 6 Bogner Valve 2-12 combo
Roland TD-4kx2 E-drum kit
Fender, Rickenbacker & Hofner basses
Gibson, Fender & Charvel electric guitars
Taylor, Fender & Cordoba acoustic guitars
by snb1 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:29 pm
fozzie3428 wroteI may be losing my mind. I distinctly remember that I used to adjust the volume of individual clips in a track easily. Click on the clip, the drag the top line of the clip up to raise the volume, down to lower the volume. When I do this now (Studio One Pro 3) it visually increases or decreases the size of the waves in the clip, but makes NO difference in the playback volume.

Have I lost my mind? What am I doing wrong? And before you jump on me, I know I can just automate the volume on the track, but this used to be such a quick simple fix to even out audio clips.

Again, it "looks" like it's working by adjusting the size of the waves in the clip, but makes no volume difference during playback.

One disadvantage I have is with my current work schedule, I only get to play in Studio One a few times a year any more, so I may have just forgotten a step or something.

I'm confused. Any help?

Fozz

You might just be increasing the visual display of the waveform as seen in the first gif. It looks like i'm raising the volume but i'm just increasing the visual display. The proper way to adjust the volume of an audio event is shown in the second gif.

Attachments
Jan-18-2019 11-27-01.gif
Jan-18-2019 11-32-23.gif

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet

2 posts
Page 1 of 1