5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am an existing WIZ Sonar user and have decided that NO new projects will be done in unsupported software (Sonar). I saw this coming a couple of years ago, so I purchased STUDIO ONE then and have since upgraded to STUDIO ONE Professional 2.

Now that this day has come, I have an important question to ask before I go all in on PRESONUS. I like the idea that PRESONUS has a strong integration between there hardware and software units as one of its selling points, my question is:

Can I use a STuDIOLIVE mixer as an audio interface and control surface for STUDIO ONE?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jim K

Studio One 2 Producer
PC - 6 core CPU with 32 GB ram
Windows 8.1
UAD Apollo and 2 PCIe UAD cards
2 TB of SSD
by Bbd on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:12 pm
Yes, depending on the mixer.
Check this video out.
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... Sfyez2EaIQ

Their new Series III will have this integration as well.

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM
by jimk on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:37 pm
Thanks for the response. How can I tell which Presonus mixers will work as a controller to Studio One? I am OK with buying a used older model if they can work as described.

Jim K

Studio One 2 Producer
PC - 6 core CPU with 32 GB ram
Windows 8.1
UAD Apollo and 2 PCIe UAD cards
2 TB of SSD
by Bbd on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:28 pm
The one I pointed you to will and the Series III very soon.
You need to read about the different mixers on the Presonus site.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... I/features

I'll get some help with your question.

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM
by illuminated on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:18 pm
All StudioLive mixers will work as an Audio Interface. Classic and AI models use FireWire (400/800), where the Series 3 now uses USB 2.0 and limited Mac only AVB.

Classic and AI versions do NOT have DAW Control functions.

Series 3 WILL have DAW Control coming soon. Studio One is native, and 3rd party DAW will either be native, HUI, or MCU.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1