2 posts
Page 1 of 1
:reading: Hi Everyone

Here is my problem and I have seen this done but noone has told me how to do it. Let me direct this to your attention, seeing noone knows ROLI Seaboards here. Your keyboard is connected and You can play live sounds off of ONE ASSIGNED CHANNEL in STUDIO ONE 3.5. Lets say You now want to expand and have 4 Channels and all 4 are assigned to the Your Keybaord as noted.

CHANNEL ONE - SWAMS SAX instrument
CHANNEL TWO - OMNISPHERE instrument
CHANNEL THREE - SERUM instrument
CHANNEL FOUR - MASSIVE instrument

**** You can easily toggle between these channnels to play each sound by using the mouse and click on the computer ****

However, in a LIVE Performance, You lose time in doing this and Your band members get upset.

How do fix this problem? Can anyone help me with this? There is a PRESET SWITCH on my ROLI Keyboard which is specific to doing this. But even if you do not have a PRESET SWITCH on your keyboard, there has got to be an answer to this.

Please help me with my weak sense of understanding.

Edb
by niles on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:38 am
There are several ways to do it. The easiest is using Control Link and thus mapping the preset buttons of the Roli (I assume they send out MIDI) to Previous/Next Track command (or Channel if you really want to use channels).
How to do that is explained in the Studio One Reference Manual in chapter 11 (Control Link) from page 183.

It comes down to this:
Instrument input follows selection & Instrument track monitoring follows selection are enabled in Options.

Keep in mind that as soon as an external control is learned to the external device map, it won't reach instrument tracks as MIDI data anymore.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO

2 posts
Page 1 of 1