8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I hope someone could help me with the following problem.

I've used fl studio before, en when im in the DAW , i could use audio from other applications (e.g Skype,discord,youtube etc..).

With Studio one my audio devices are in use, and can't use audio outside of studio one.

I'm using an audio interface ( line 6 ux2 )

Is it a restriction in Studio one, or do i need to change some settings ?
by matthewgorman on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:49 am
In preferences there is an option to "Release Audio Device In Background". That will allow other programs to use the soundcard when S1 is minimized.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by leslieharberts1 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:14 am
Thanks for the response,

I've already tryed that option, but after a few seconds my external audio mutes again.

Im using the voice chat of steam on the background, it works for some seconds, and then its mutes ..

seems the option isnt working that well :/
by matthewgorman on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:43 am
when you bring S1 into focus, it will mute all audio in the background. If you are trying to use that background audio in a song, that is a different matter. You need a soundcard that is capable of loopback recording.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by leslieharberts1 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:49 am
The weird thing is, that i dont have problems with eg: FL Studio DAW
by matthewgorman on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 am
I've never used FL, but that is weird. Some daws handle things differently than others.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by orrymaine on Fri May 15, 2020 12:03 am
I think what he's asking is the same thing I'm asking now. It's not to record the chat audio in Steam chat or Discord or Skype etc... It's just that I simply want to actively work in studio one while I'm speaking to people in voice chats. Other than ProTools, every other DAW allows me to do this. Something about the way Studio One routes audio prevents my Interfaces's output from being shared by these apps at the same time.
by SwitchBack on Fri May 15, 2020 4:32 am
If you’re on PC you can try this. On Mac you can create an aggregate device (MacOS feature) of your interface and Soundflower.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1