81 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Just re-recorded some guitar parts with the new low latency settings - there was a world of difference from the previous settings and clicks etc. that I had to put up with. Lower latency on syncopated rhythmic strums and picking made the timing much more on the money. So great enhancement.

I must say though that it should not have got as bad as it was under the previous version - but glad Studio One is more usable.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Skip Jones on Thu May 25, 2017 6:49 pm
Morticia wrote
jpettit wroteJust a matter if you want to hear the voice/instrument processed and reverb to help the performance.

I need more than processing / reverb to help my performance; more like a miracle :lol:

Thanks for that, Morticia!

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by brettgoodkin on Fri May 26, 2017 12:27 am
jpettit wroteThere now.

Thx man

Color me impressed... I've been a fanboy since v 2 something, but, wow... Just wow.

I have a super computer build here but always worked the old school way where I'd render and record new tracks only over rendered out stems so I could lower my rme buffer nice and low for tracking... But,dang... I don't have to do that anymore.

Also, the CPU utilization seems snappier to me as well... Am I just imaging that?

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by bailatosco on Tue May 30, 2017 9:44 pm
For me, the "Use native low latency monitoring instead of hardware monitoring" checkbox in the process tab is always greyed out.
What might be the reason for this?
And what is that checkbox for? Isn't it the same as activating the green Z on the master channel?
Also I don't think I'm able to do zero latency hardware monitoring through studio one anymore, with my 1818vsl, but before the update I was able to do it (I still can do it on the VSL software but that is not the question).
Is all of this related somehow?

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by jpettit on Wed May 31, 2017 12:53 am
If it is grey out, you do not have blue Z hardware option.
However I think the latest driver for 1818 makes it a ASIO DM device which would have Blue Z hardware capability.
Open a support ticket.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by bailatosco on Wed May 31, 2017 7:19 pm
jpettit wroteOpen a support ticket.

Yes, done that today and I'm waiting for a response.

jpettit wroteI think the latest driver for 1818 makes it a ASIO DM device which would have Blue Z hardware capability.

I don't quite understand. There is no question the 1818vsl can do hardware monitoring. When you say latest driver: ¿do you mean the latest and discontinued VSL drivers? ¿or the newer Universal Control drivers wich doesn't come with the vsl functionality for the Audiobox 1818?

Thanks for your atention, jpettit.

WIN 10 Pro 64bit
by jpettit on Wed May 31, 2017 7:24 pm
I think the UC with no VSL for 1818. ( don't have one (1818) installed)
IMHO VSL has pretty much been obsoleted with the new green Z

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Skip Jones on Wed May 31, 2017 9:29 pm
I have an 1818VSL running UC 2.1 (Non VSL) and am running at 64 Block Size with settings at Dropout Protection at Maximum and a Process Block size at 2048 samples netting green Z latency reported at both Round trip and Instrument Latency at 6.35ms. Using the older UC for the VSL console is a step backward. When we lost the VSL Console, we also lost the 1818VSL iPad remote app, but the audio engine gains far outweigh those bells and whistles, IMHO.

Skip

Skip

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by jpettit on Wed May 31, 2017 10:46 pm
Thanks Skip this in fact has breathed new life into an older interface. :thumbup:

by Skip Jones on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:07 am
Just to add to this, as a guitarist that uses amp sims, I feel that I have been "brought into the room". OUTSTANDING!

Skip

Skip

by bailatosco on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 am
Ok I'm glad to hear that Skip, thank you. I'm definitely gonna try the latest UC drivers on my interface and see if I can let go the VSL software.

(anyway the question remains: ¿should I still be able to do hardware Z inside of studio one with my 1818? I'm waiting for a response from support to see if they can clarify this)

WIN 10 Pro 64bit
by jpettit on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:33 am
I believe you will be able to I know somebody on the Mac who is using 1818 was able to get blue z
But I'm not sure why you would want if you had access to native plug-ins with a similar latency.

by jpettit on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:30 pm
Updated the manual.
Revision History:
1. Initial Release
1.1. Added LLM plugins behind the scenes logic and clean up
1.2. Added LLM Punch-in Procedure and more logic on Instrument buffering

by ralfwottrich on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:10 am
Hello,

the document is really a great help! Thank you so much providing it!

One question for my better understanding:
What is called standard software monitoring on page 4 (as used in previous versions), is that still available in V3.5?
If Z is deactivated I get interface plus dropout protection latency. As I understand it would only be available if it would be possible to set Dropout Protection to "None" which is not the case (yet).

Do I understand this correctly?

Best regards,
Ralf
by jpettit on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:20 am
Yes standard and 3.5 equals No Z and minimum drop protection. There is no way to get completely back to 3.3.4 buffers.
Curious why you would want to use this as green Z gives you the best of both Play back stability in recording latency.

by ralfwottrich on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:02 am
Hi,

it's actually more for my own understanding of the new engine settings!
In our recording session we all play through the interface (RME) into Studio One, everyone has his own cue mix, the voice gets some reverb, and maybe the mixtool or EQ is used on one or the other channel. And of course we record these session from time to time :D
This worked out great since SO 2.5 on lowest buffer setting of the interface and no noticable latency.
After updating to 3.5 I need to figure out the best setup for our sessions again which seems to be NLLM with green Z activated for all cue mixes (as blue Z means no live reverb for the voice). But as said, the old standard software monitoring mode worked perfectly for us, already.

Another thing I still not comprehended completely is latency values displayed in the performance meter. I see that every insert also shows up as a monitoring FX. Couriously if I add an insert with a high latency also all the VSTI instruments show exactly the high latency of this insert effect. Not sure if it make sense and tells me something or if it is maybe a bug ...

But don't get me wrong, as far as I can tell by now (after we had one session only) I think the new audio engine is huge leap forward and I don't want to roll back at all!

Thanks!
Ralf
by jpettit on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:07 am
ralfwottrich wroteIn our recording session we all play through the interface (RME)
<== support ASIO 2 DM so blue Z is available on 2.5 and 3.5
into Studio One, everyone has his own cue mix, the voice gets some reverb,
<= Ok so in 2.5 and 3.5 ( big jump BTW) the blue Z path is essentially the same. If you added a verb to a bus to sweeten the live vocal you were using two paths 1) hardware low latency and 2) the reverb with would have been delayed the number of buffers set on the device which may have been relatively small.

After updating to 3.5 I need to figure out the best setup for our sessions again which seems to be NLLM with green Z activated for all cue mixes (as blue Z means no live reverb for the voice). But as said, the old standard software monitoring mode worked perfectly for us, already.
<= so it may be a bit more delay . would have to test since a verb is normal to hear with subtle delay.

Another thing I still not comprehended completely is latency values displayed in the performance meter. I see that every insert also shows up as a monitoring FX.
<== yes called cloned plug-ins in the handbook.
Curiously if I add an insert with a high latency also all the VSTI instruments show exactly the high latency of this insert effect. Not sure if it make sense and tells me something or if it is maybe a bug ...
<= I am tracking this with the developers not sure it has an effect yet.
Remember PDC delays are also going on as usual so if you add a plugin with 3 ms of latency that adds to the overall latency.

FYI UAD plugins are being looked for issues there.

by ralfwottrich on Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:48 pm
Hello,

I think I have a much better understanding now of the new audio engine! Thanks!

Curiously if I add an insert with a high latency also all the VSTI instruments show exactly the high latency of this insert effect. Not sure if it make sense and tells me something or if it is maybe a bug ...
<= I am tracking this with the developers not sure it has an effect yet.
Remember PDC delays are also going on as usual so if you add a plugin with 3 ms of latency that adds to the overall latency.

I have seen this effect Isotope Plugins (Nectar, Ozone) but can also reproduce it with Presonus Ampire.

Best regards,
Ralf
by jpettit on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:52 am
Added 3.5.1 Audio Punch-in procedures. PDF in OP.
Revision History:
1. Initial Release 5/23/2017
1.1. Added LLM plugins behind the scenes logic and clean up 5/24/2017
1.2. Added LLM Punch-in Procedure and more logic on Instrument buffering 6/1/2017
1.3. Added additional options for Audio Punch-in 7/27/2017

by Jessa on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:18 pm
That's great but it does not address what I'm talking about here.All i'm trying to understand is why i can't get any metering when the blue monitor button is not engaged??..Everything else works perfectly. i can hear the pre recorded track along with the live input but as soon as i engage record i get no meter's on the track?...I can still work this way, I mean once i set the level for the recording i don't really need to change it and i can use the meters off the UC surface app but it is annoying . I just don't understand why this fundamental feature has been taken away?, surely this must be an easy fix?, and i don't mean a work around, just bring back the ability to see the metering when recording without monitoring through Studio one...PLEASE!!!!.

81 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5