81 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
steve if you are on windows download it (right click 'save link as') ... then right click pdf file and "open with" a browser... Edge, Internet Explorer etc... it opens with both Google Chrome and Windows Edge fine here. cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by tshadgett on Thu May 25, 2017 1:03 am
So, I've decided to track some guitars today to test out these features.

I have a saved FX chain that I have used in the past and like and I've loaded it into a track. My "Z" is green on my output folder and when I put the track into record and monitor, the Inserts all go green, so looking good. Only, I swear it's processing the whole effects chain twice - sounds terrible! If I look at the performance monitor, I see the plug ins listed as Monitoring FX, so all good there, and I also see them listed again as Inserts on the track, but if I disable them there, I lose them completely (in both areas).
If I turn off the green "Z" in the output and try the old fashioned way, it sound normal, the way I would expect - aside for the latency now introduced by dropout protection.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Tim
by jpettit on Thu May 25, 2017 1:12 am
Only plug-ins 3 ms or less can be heard on the green Z path. Look at the performance monitor and see if they're doubling. They should be but you should only be able to hear one of the two.
If they are greater than 3 ms and you can only hear them on a bus but with the delay.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by tshadgett on Thu May 25, 2017 1:43 am
Thanks for the reply!

I've attached a screenshot of the mixer and performance meter. Cheers

Attachments
Performance.PNG
Mixer.PNG
by tshadgett on Thu May 25, 2017 1:56 am
Ah, I think I might have a clue.
My FX chain has splitter tools in it, however, the track was set to mono as it only has the single input, I get the feeling it was processing the two amps in series...

Attachments
FX Chain.PNG
by Lasperanza on Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 am
Thanks for the booklet JPettit. Trying to get my head around this. Now, whilst I seem to be able to have the track running at high latency (many plugins etc., a few virtual instruments), and I'm also able to play a VST synth (via Kontakt) at low latency whilst this is happening (ergo, the new feature must be working!?), I cannot choose "use native low latency monitoring" - it is greyed out, as the attachment will show.
If I choose the "enable low latency monitoring for instruments" - which is available, the clicks/pops return.

From what I've read, the native low latency is the better option.... but unavailable for some reason? I'm likely to be missing the obvious.

(i7 4770K, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre via thunderbolt for PC... )

Studio One 5.1 - Windows 10 x64, Ryzen 5 5600x, 32GB DDR4 @3600
Adata M.2 500GB for OS, Gigabyte 1TB M.2 & Samsung 850 SSD x2 for Audio and Romplers.
IIyama 40 inch LED monitor, Presonus Faderport 2
RME Raydat PCI-E, SPL Crimson Rev.3, Clarett 8 Pre USB
Focal Twin 6BE monitors
Numerous microphones from Audio Technica, AKG, SE Electronics, Neumann...and my favourite Mojave 301 FET.
by nk_e on Thu May 25, 2017 5:22 am
Thanks. This is very helpful.

aka "gesslr" or "george napier"

10 core iMacPro 1,1 | 64GB | OSX 10.15.6 | S1Pro 5.0.1 | MOTU I/O | Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.storyaudio.com
FB: geo.napier3

PLEASE SUPPORT THESE FRs

Video follows edit mode
http://tinyurl.com/yc2gc9b3

Studio One Workspaces
http://tinyurl.com/ybgfjpoj
by Skip Jones on Thu May 25, 2017 7:38 am
Jeff's excellent handbook document is the link at the top of this thread and yes, I can open it fine. Try again?

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by jpettit on Thu May 25, 2017 8:14 am
Speranza wrote1) I cannot choose "use native low latency monitoring" - it is greyed out, as the attachment will show.
2) If I choose the "enable low latency monitoring for instruments" - which is available, the clicks/pops return.

(i7 4770K, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre via thunderbolt for PC... )

1) First clarification. the second option is for people with hardware low latency to NOT use blue Z but use Green Z. It is not available to people who do not have hardware monitoring via Presonus 192 or Quantum series or an ASIO 2 DM driver.
But then I look at you interface and I would think a TB interface would have ASIO DM drivers? I know RME does. To save you time though Green Z trumps them all.

2) This is the opposite behavior expected. We (you and/or the community) would have to start with a test song with the same Kontakt and samples and work up to a point we could replicate it.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Lasperanza on Thu May 25, 2017 8:33 am
jpettit wrote
Speranza wrote1) I cannot choose "use native low latency monitoring" - it is greyed out, as the attachment will show.
2) If I choose the "enable low latency monitoring for instruments" - which is available, the clicks/pops return.

1) First clarification. the second option is for people with hardware low latency to NOT use blue Z but use Green Z. It is not available to people who do not have hardware monitoring via Presonus 192 or Quantum series or an ASIO 2 DM driver.
But then I look at you interface and I would think a TB interface would have ASIO DM drivers? I know RME does. To save you time though Green Z trumps them all.

2) This is the opposite behavior expected. We (you and/or the community) would have to start with a test song with the same Kontakt and samples and work up to a point we could replicate it.

Jeff, thanks for the reply.

So it's greyed out because I haven't the necessary hardware i.e. Presonus Quantum/192 etc.

As for point 2, I'm even more confused....

Adata M.2 500GB for OS, Gigabyte 1TB M.2 & Samsung 850 SSD x2 for Audio and Romplers.
Focal Twin 6BE monitors
Numerous microphones from Audio Technica, AKG, SE Electronics, Neumann...and my favourite Mojave 301 FET.
by jpettit on Thu May 25, 2017 8:46 am
Speranza wrote
jpettit wrote

Jeff, thanks for the reply.

So it's greyed out because I haven't the necessary hardware i.e. Presonus Quantum/192 etc.

As for point 2, I'm even more confused....

2) If I choose the "enable low latency monitoring for instruments" - which is available, the clicks/pops return

Enabling LLM should NOT cause pops and clicks
Need to get to the bottom of it by starting a new song and adding complexity until the wrong behavior starts.

by Lasperanza on Thu May 25, 2017 8:57 am
I'll have to try it when I've more time to test that. Currently in between projects.

What is odd is that the feature is working. I can play a VST instrument at low latency, and the Green Z is lit. It's on maximum drop out protection, and the buffer setting I've chosen on the Focusrite Control Panel is 64 samples (equating to 3.23ms latency according to S1). Thanks for responding here.

Perhaps I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. It's working, so for now, I'll leave it as is and try to get to the bottom of it another time....

Focal Twin 6BE monitors
by Lokeyfly on Thu May 25, 2017 10:35 am
Good read on the booklet.
Should prove useful for future needs.
Nice, Jeff.

No issues.

Enjoying three five.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Steve Carter on Thu May 25, 2017 10:43 am
Thanks for trying to help guys, much appreciated.

Tried a fw times downloading again but no joy. I've looked into it further and for some reason my tablet is downloading/seeing the file as a video file, not a pdf file!
Jay ... I don't have the facility to right click and 'open as' cos I'm away from home and only have my tablet with me. It'll wait till I get back to France with my 'brand spanking new' PC - hoping for good things loading S1-3.5 onto a virgin machine (but not naive enough to expect plain sailing) wish me luck......

Regards

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by jpettit on Thu May 25, 2017 10:50 am
tshadgett wroteAh, I think I might have a clue.
My FX chain has splitter tools in it, however, the track was set to mono as it only has the single input, I get the feeling it was processing the two amps in series...

Yes splitters and analysis tools are not supported. (listed in the handbook)

by roblof on Thu May 25, 2017 10:51 am
I was even able to open it in iBooks on my iPad.

Steve Carter wroteHi Jeff...

Once again a big thanks for all of your help and efforts. But... unable to open the pdf handbook in your link (tried multiple times)! Is it just me?

Regards....

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by Morticia on Thu May 25, 2017 4:10 pm
jpettit wroteHardware monitoring is slightly better than the low latency monitoring
? Do you have both blue and green Zs or are you talking about your direct monitor knob on the device?
The HUGE advantage to Green Z all your VSTs <= 3ms are available during monitoring

I will move post now.

To clarify, I mean yes I have both and that the blue Z is a few ms less than the green Z.
I always use the physical monitor button on the interface when tracking though.

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

"The queen of spades is a friend of mine, the queen of hearts is a bitch
someday when I clean up my mind, I'll find out which is which"
Gram Parsons
by jpettit on Thu May 25, 2017 4:15 pm
Just a matter if you want to hear the voice/instrument processed and reverb to help the performance.
BTW you should be see a 30% drop across the board on marginal CPU songs.

by Morticia on Thu May 25, 2017 4:18 pm
jpettit wroteJust a matter if you want to hear the voice/instrument processed and reverb to help the performance.

I need more than processing / reverb to help my performance; more like a miracle :lol:

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

"The queen of spades is a friend of mine, the queen of hearts is a bitch
someday when I clean up my mind, I'll find out which is which"
Gram Parsons
by mikemanthei on Thu May 25, 2017 4:56 pm
jpettit wroteDo you think the key to this is 64 vs 32 bit Process Precision?

It's tough to tell without more information. That's why I'm asking if anyone else can replicate the issue.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S

81 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5