UCNET (Discover on network)
• Studio One can send Instrument track data to Notion 6 via new command "Send to Notion" via UCNet ( not Rewire). Notion will convert it to notation and open the new page in one click on Studio One. If Both Studio One and Notion have the same instrument it will share presets and you will hear it the same sound in Notion. This is useful to print the instrument data as notation.
• Notion can send notation to Studio One with a new commands Send to Studio One. It use UCNet as well and not Rewire. The Instrument data will show up in a track and have the same preset if they both know about the plugins, and you will be able to play the instrument in Studio One. This is useful to transfer part or all of a score over to Studio One for more refined mixing.
• You can also transfer audio to and from Studio One and Notion with the same command and different option. This is useful if you have a melody or chord progression and you want to write accompaniment parts in Notion.
• You can also send 44.1k 16 bit files from Studio One browser directly to Notion 6.
• Previously available Studio One as the Master and Notion as the Slave you can link the two together to add Notion instrument parts.
• Previously available Studio One can record the Notion Instruments audio .
• New Studio One can access Notion Rewire MIDI channels as input to its own Instruments and record the input.
Drag and Drop
16 bit 44.1k audio form S1 browser to N6
Suggested Use cases: ( it depend on what you want to do and where you are more comfortable)
Limitations: As of this release UCNET only support new documents( song/score). You can however have multiple documents open in each app and use copy/past to move the data to an existing song/score.
CRITICAL NOTE: Rewire and UCNet are not compatible. You can use one or the other not both.
It take a full restart of Notion to stop Rewire.
UCNet has been around since 3.0 in S1 but it new to N6. There are networking debug steps Here if you need to let your OS know about UCNET.
Step by Step procedure:
S1 to N6 UCNET procedure:
1) Start S1 and select track or song to export MIDI
2) Click Song/Send to Notion a prompt will come up to start Notion
3) Notion will start and prompt will change to option to send track ,song or audio mixdown
4) Select Notion on this computer, Send note data
5) Note data will be converted to notation in a track name that matches.
HINT: If the Instrument is Presence Piano or Grand Piano etc a Grand Staff will be created in N6.
If the Instrument is known to both S1 and N6 ( a VST like Kontakt or SampleTank 3. etc the patch will be shared
6) Save the Song in N6.
Thanks for this post Jeff. Very helpful!
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
I have installed Notion 6 (it works fine) and I've updated S1 to v.3.3.
When I click on "Send to Notion" it shows an error window saying Studio One couldn't detect Notion 6. There's a button to manually launch Notion 6 which opens the software, but it gives me the menu window, not creating a new sheet file with the Studio One midi track.
Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
HP Envy Intel Core i7 CPU 3.07GHz, RAM 8GB
OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
Fantastic. Can someone pin this to the top of the form please?
It is pinned in the Notion forum
Hi, I recently purchased Studio One 3.3 and have Notion 6 purchased in Dec 2016.
I have followed the directions made in your commentary and remain unable to have files move either way , that is between the two products noted.
I created a test trac in S1 and tried to send to notion 6 without success and created a file in notion and unsuccessfully tried to send to S1.
Nothing appears in either product although the appropriate prompts show up in both , and I click but nothing appears .
I am using a Yamaha PSR950 keyboard to create the S1 track and notated a piece in Notion.
Using a UR 44 Steinberg audio interface computer has lots of Ram .
Any ideas ? Thank you
johnarmstrong1 wroteI created a test trac in S1 and tried to send to notion 6 without success and created a file in notion and unsuccessfully tried to send to S1.
Test track? Audio or MIDI?
Please document the exact steps and responses you are getting or use free tools (found in Community Support) to make a video.
Hi, in Studio1 created a trac using my Yamaha pst 950 .this would not show in Notion although the prompts all showed up.In Notion I hand wrote a small song and a tried to send to S1 and in Notion , Microsoft message that "notion has stopped working"
I am wondering if I should uninstall Notion and reinstall ?
Please answer my questions one at a time first question.
Audio or instrument data (MIDI)
There are dozens of things that might be your issue.
Yes the file was audio created by using my PSR 950
- today recorded midi file in PSR , then moved it to instrument track in S1 . This did then upload into Notion 6 with notation created , not split staff only showed treble clef rather than treble and bass.
- interesting as well that Notion will not move the same file to S1 it essentially crashes
- Notion will not play the track (sound) created in S1 .
Thank you for your interest .
Thanks for this
johnarmstrong1 wrote1) the file was audio created by using my PSR 950 Notion will not play the track (sound) created in S1 .2) An Instrument track in S1 Has to have an piano keyboard instrument preset associated with it in order for the interface to detect and cause N6 to create a Grand Staff. Get the track to play back a Presence Piano preset in S1 first then it will split the staff when transferred.
1) N6 will only accept 16 bit 44.1k files so if you select send the S1 audio or N6 in the render dialogue verify you have 16 bit 44.1k. It also may not show up in the Notation but should play back when play is pressed in N6.
Hi. I've recorded a vocal track without any metronome etc., and want Notion to accompany it. but I have to be able to do this in Studio One. I tried using the Ntempo track to calibrate the notation with the vocal track, with some success - but the second I open Notion in S1, it is perceived as a slave and all my tempo-manipulation is disregarded. Is there a way so open S1 as a slave of Notion? Or is there some other way to enslave S1 to get the results I'm looking for? I must emphasize that I want to continue recording vocals in S1 with the vocal-tempo as my guide/metronome. I know I can send the audio from Notion to S1, but then I have no control over the tempo, if I need to make small adjustments.
Any help or suggestion will be very much appreciated!
Might a suggest another approach.
Create the tempo map in S1 first based off of your vocals. (Use Melodyne to do this)
This is extremely hard to do if you sang a cappella and you may have to put a backing track In S1 first to find a reasonable tempo.
With the proper tempo map in S1, you can then Rewire Notion 6 to follow your vocals.
Thanks this helps so much. My issue is that I will tell it to send the entire song to notion and it will, but I thought it was supposed to populate the instruments sounds according to what I named the tracks if the samples were in my inventory. In N6 I have to click on the gear symbol and manually choose from the pop up menu but it won't let me choose more than one sound.
For example if I send a song with say 4 instruments (hypothetically) it will only let me choose a sound for one. If I send over piano and a string section then regardless of my selecting a different instrument sample for each individual instrument they will all be piano during playback.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests