2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi I am new to Presonus and usually use Adobe for video editing but have moved to Presonus so that I can benefit from Multitrack mixing with variouse extras, compressors/limiters etc and fader control.

The main difference I need help with is making minor adjustments to very standard music track - be it a group, or small orchestra but where I want to dip either a click when a mic is hit or kicked or to slowly adjust balance and I want to do this in advance on the track, I cannot find a way except to lift or dip the whole track or to cut that section with a knife and pull the level down. I have also seen dipping the intro and ending by pulling the corners and showing a fade in or out.

I should be very grateful for some advice how to get a handle on making these adjustments early on.

I am on WIndows 7 and with the latest version of Studio One - 3.

I have searched Youtube for some demonstration but I am clearly not succeeding.

Thank in advance.

Alan
by matthewgorman on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:29 am
Have you tried automation for this? Rt click the fader for that channel and select edit volume automation. From there you7 can select the transform tool, select the range you want to lower, and drag the box down after selection.

FWIW, I usually use the knife tool and clip gain, or also have had good luck with a de-esser to zero in on that frequency and duck it. Automate the bypass of the de-esser in the event that there are other good sounds in that frequency.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

2 posts
Page 1 of 1