2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi.

I have talked with several Studio One users, and many seems to have same question as me, nobody have answers for this, i know it might be a stupid question, for many user, but i still try to get some help here :)

I have a Roland XP-30 which i want to use as a midi keyboard in Studio One, i have connected in to out and out to in as you should do with midicables, my problem comes when i want to play tones and record them as a midi signal in Studio One, and producing my own midi songs, i have tried to make both a new instrument and a new keyboard in Studio One, but still i do not get any signal in, did a line in track, and the Roland was playing thru the system in audio track, but in the instrument track, nothing happends, ha also tried to use Presence and sounds from this, but nothing works :/

Can anyone tell me how the h... i connect this, so it works, i have only been a Studio One user for about 4 month, and i love the program, but after talking with several other users, it seems like a lot of people have this problem.
Is there a step by step guide somewhere, or any kind souls here that could explain or make a step by step guide, for us quite not that smart people ? :)

Best Regards Torben
by sunmachine on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:59 am
Hi and welcome to the forum!

To receive MIDI from the Roland you have to set it up as a New Keyboard.
Then select it as the Input of your Instrument Track and click on the Monitor button of the track.

If you also want to send MIDI to the Roland to use its sounds, then you also have to set up a New Instrument that you assign as Output of an Instrument Track.

See here for a detailed explanation:
http://support.presonus.com/entries/217 ... aces-Setup

Here's another article: http://support.presonus.com/entries/210 ... al-Devices

Hope this helps!

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!

2 posts
Page 1 of 1