4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am considering upgrading to S1 Pro version 2. I have several 3rd party instruments and plug-ins such as EZDrummer, EZKeys, EZMix, etc. My question is: Will upgrading overwrite these applications and cause me to have to re-install them or set up my MIDI controllers again? Will it be destuctive of songs I've already recorded? Also, is the version of Melodyne in S1 version 2 the full version? Thanks so much!
by matthewgorman on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:40 pm
Will upgrading overwrite these applications and cause me to have to re-install them or set up my MIDI controllers again?

It could. V2 is a separate installer, so it doesn't actually overwrite V1. In the beginning days of V2, I had both versions installed. Reason being, if you open and save a V1 song in V2, you can't reopen in V1. There is a pop up reminder to this when you go to save. As far as setting up controlers, I think you can copy the settings over from the V1 folder to the V2 folder.

Will it be destuctive of songs I've already recorded?

Only in the way mentioned above regarding saving.

Also, is the version of Melodyne in S1 version 2 the full version?

You get a license for "Essentials". You would be missing polyphonic editing, which comes with "Editor"

http://www.celemony.com/en/melodyne/functions

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by fredmetal322 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:47 pm
Thanks, Matt...I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Do you know if Melodyne Editor is compatible with Version 1?
by matthewgorman on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:22 am
Melodyne Editor is compatable as a VST plugin with version 1, and also standalone editing. To get ARA integration with Melodyne and S1, you need the latest version of S1 (2.6.3), and version 2 of Melodyne.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

4 posts
Page 1 of 1