51 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
Just found this older thread while researching something else.

If you have a classic StudioLive and connect to Studiolive Remote with only the "Talkback" button working and everything else greyed out on your iPad and not even showing up in "Devices" in the VSL screen, I have the Fix for you that works on Windows 10 and the Firewall.

FIX - You must add Universal control to allowed apps in the firewall. Go to settings / type "firewall" in the search box and under the search select "Allow an App Through Windows Firewall" / click "Change Settings" / then at the bottom " Allow Another App" and then browse to you Universal Control exe on your computer and "Add" then "OK". It will now show up as an allowed App and you can modify which network (private or public) to allow. Works now with 16.4.2 classic and StudioLive Remote. If you choose, Windows Firewall can remain on now.

Skip

Attachments
iPad Fix.PNG
Your iPad will now show here

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by tovokas on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 am
Also adding this from a older post, and this seems to be best place to put it:

VirtualBox Will Make Connecting Impossible Unless...
If you have VirtualBox installed on your Windows machine, you must take the following steps, or the remote will never find Studio One:

Workaround:
1. Open up Network and Sharing Center
2. Click 'Change Adapter Settings'
3. Right click 'VirtualBox Host-Only Network', go to Properties
4. Double click "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' under 'This connection uses the following items'.
5. In the Properties page, click "Advanced..."
6. In the "Advanced TCP/IP Settings", tab "IP Settings", uncheck the box marked "Automatic Metic" and type in 800 or higher.

OK all dialogs and restart the remote.

M1 Mac Studio 32 Gigs/ i7 Windows
Mac Monterey/Windows 11
Tascam Model 12/Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Studio One 6.5 (Sphere) / Waveform 12.5
Plugins: Plugin Alliance, IK Multimedia,
Komplete 14, PSP
by toddbooster on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:11 pm
You sir, are a genius! This was driving me bonkers for hours, and your little piece of advice concerning a seemingly unconnected network interface was all it took to make things work.
by guitarism on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:14 pm
The diagram should include - Is the computer running Studio One connected by wire to your internet access point or cable modem? If "Yes", try disconnecting the cable and see if the problem persists.

It was recommended that the problem may be with the ISP configuration blocking UCP connections and that the ISP should be able to address it. By unplugging the cable you can at least isolate the problem - if that solves the problem, it may be worth the effort to call your ISP. In my case, since I don't use Studio One Remote or Capture all that often, the work around is good enough. They should really add a note to the error popup to try unplugging attached network cables if it doesn't work after verifying they are on the same wireless network. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wasted a lot of time on this.

2015 iMac 27" i7 with 32GB RAM
Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by sjoens on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:19 am
Same issue here. Ipad connected to same wifi but will not see Studio One. Is TH3 the culprit?

2018/01/20 01:12:40.261 [Warning] (cclsystem): UID conflict on class registration: TH3-64 (AudioEffect VST2) => used by: TH3 (AudioEffect VST3/Mixing)
2018/01/20 01:12:40.991 [Warning] (Studio One): UCNET:Enabled UDP multicast on official port 47809 (1 sockets)
2018/01/20 01:12:40.991 [Warning] (Studio One): UCNET:Local UDP port bound to 56311 (1 sockets)
2018/01/20 01:13:06.089 [Warning] (remoteservice): UCNET:Started listening on TCP port 49328 (1 sockets)
2018/01/20 01:13:06.090 [Warning] (remoteservice): UCNET:Server "Studio One/3.5.4.45392 Win x64" registration reply received.
2018/01/20 01:36:23.701 [Warning] (remoteservice): UCNET:Started listening on TCP port 49780 (1 sockets)
2018/01/20 01:36:23.703 [Warning] (remoteservice): UCNET:Server "Studio One/3.5.4.45392 Win x64" registration reply received.

iPad 2 mini os 11
Alienware 17 r3 uses Killer wireless
Home wifi: Netgear wifi 2.5/5Ghz

Studio One 3 Professional x64
Sonar Platinum x64
Behringer UFX1204USB
MOTU micro lite
Alienware i7 17 r3
- Windows 10 home x64
- Intel i7 2.6GHz
- 16GB ram
- 500GB ssd O/S
- 1TB hdd storage
24" ASUS 2nd monitor
by sjoens on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 pm
I've tried a host of other remote apps like this and none of them work. One actually did for about 20 seconds and then quit. The days and hours messing with these have me wondering if the whole thing is an Apple vs Windows thing or just a big fat hoax altogether.

Somebody somewhere is laughing at us! :lol:

Studio One 3 Professional x64
Sonar Platinum x64
Behringer UFX1204USB
MOTU micro lite
Alienware i7 17 r3
- Windows 10 home x64
- Intel i7 2.6GHz
- 16GB ram
- 500GB ssd O/S
- 1TB hdd storage
24" ASUS 2nd monitor
by frankieclaessens on Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:44 pm
Thank you so much for posting this checklist, it really helped me to get DAW mode working in Studio One with my StudioLive 16 III. I am posting my issue and solution here, hoping it might help other people in the future. Sorry for the lengthy explanation, but this was the situation:

- Mixer is connected with an ethernet cable to my switch (which is connected to a router).
- my iMac is connected with an ethernet cable to the same switch.
- Both have a static IP-address, correct subnet and gateway (mixer: 192.168.0.225, iMac: 192.168.0.215, subnet: 255.255.255.0, gateway: 192.168.0.1).
- I can ping the mixer within Terminal on my Mac, so the connection should be fine.
- On the mixer I can select Studio One under Software Control and it shows the information about my computer (IP, Studio One version, OS, etc)
- I can press the DAW button and it's fully lit, so everything's going smooth so far.

But nope, it did not work although the DAW button was fully lit. The scribble strips were blank, the faders went down but weren't reflecting the state of the faders in Studio One. Moving them did not do anything in the software, none of the buttons worked. In the Universal Control application I saw my StudioLive mixer connected through USB but that ws it. In Studio One itself the Remote Control setting was also enabled under General. I also tried connecting my iMac and the mixer directly with an adhoc connection, assigning them to the same IP range and subnet: same result.

My next steps were to install everything on my Macbook Pro and give that a try (no dice). Then I actually rolled back the firmware to the factory version and then I noticed something weird. Universal Control now showed my mixer connected through the network instead of USB. DAW Mode wouldn't work of course, but I knew it was now just a setting/software issue.

A couple of hours later I stumbled upon OP's checklist and went over everything. This is how I eventually solved the issue:

The Mixer and the computer are both on the same LAN, they have an IP, subnet and gateway and pinging the mixer worked. I then opened up the firewall settings on my Mac and I granted access to Universal Control, Studio One and Capture to receive incoming connections. Then I went into Studio One, preferences, advanced and disabled Remote Control support. Studio One restarted and on the mixer I could not select it of course under Software Control in the UCNET window. I went back to Studio One, preferences, advanced, and enabled Remote Control support again. After restarting Studio One I selected it again under Software Control on the mixer. I clicked the DAW button and the faders suddenly came to life on the mixer. Now they do reflect the fader state from Studio One and everything is perfectly in sync :-)

- PreSonus StudioLive 16 Series III
- Studio One 4
- Synthstrom Deluge
- Vermona Perfourmer MKII
- Vermona DRM1 MKIII
- Sequential Prophet Rev 2 Module
- Behringer DeepMind 12D
- Behringer Model D
- MAM MB33
- Arturia KeyStep
- Eventide Time Factor
- Strymon Big Sky
- Sixty Four Pixels Arpie
by Skip Jones on Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Nobody laughing here, check out new release on Google Play today. Fixes.

Skip

Skip

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by Bbd on Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:39 pm
Do you have a link Skip?

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Skip Jones on Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:42 pm
Wow, easy, just go to Play Store online and update. Look at the update date, fresh.

Skip

by Bbd on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:16 am

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

51 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3