10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just picked up Studio One Artist with a Audiobox USB. I know basically what I'm doing now, but I can't figure out how to add a drum track to back up my other instruments. Are there preloaded drum beats? If so, how do I find and use them?
by -Luis- on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:17 pm
With your song open press F8 on your keyboard in there you will find drum loops among other things.
Hope that helps.
by joellevins on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:56 pm
Thanks! I should've known to look in music loops. How can I change the key of a bass loop?
by Kiwicomposer on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:24 pm
Or you could learn to use Studio One's Impact and create your own drum beats..
Takes a little more skill than using loops but can be fun. :D
Screen Shot 2014-08-08 at 1.23.47 pm.png

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by -Luis- on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:46 pm
joellevins wrote How can I change the key of a bass loop?

Press F4 select the bass loop and use Transport to change the key.
Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 7.39.32 PM.png
by jjones780 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:10 am
I too picked up Studio One through my Audiobox USB, yet when I press "f8" and open up sounds there is nothing there. All the effects and intruments are there. Any ideas?
by Lawrence on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:06 am
Did you download the content?
by jjones780 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:32 am
no....how would i do so :)
by larryvannatta on Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:34 am
I up graded to Studio one 5 artist works well
Still do not see much in stock plug ins for drums loops that help me with my tyle of music, end up making my own time consuming.
Does anyone know what drum loops fit for Country music or classic rock from the 70-80s
Thanks
by Steve Carter on Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:14 pm
All drum loops will fit - just might not suit the style of music!

Google free midi drum files and play them through the Presence sample player in S1 (assuming that Artist includes Presence and the legacy drum kits - GM mapping I think).

If not there are some free drum plugins available - provided you have the VST player add-on for S1 Artist.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!

10 posts
Page 1 of 1