This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

i am using Studio One 5.5 and want to use my headphones at night. I am using AKG K712 Headphones.
Is there a plugin included in my version of S1 to do some crosstalk and headphone frequency correction?
If not, are there any free plugins that i can try for this?

Thank you
by SwitchBack on Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:53 am
The standard Pro EQ and Dual Pan plugins? I have those always available on my Listen Bus, dialed in for my phones.
by saschameyer on Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:34 am
I was hoping fir dedicated crosstalk but i will try waves nx and some others anyway.
Thank you
by SwitchBack on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:37 am
ProEQ does an admirable job. It took me the better part of a day to match up the curve to the curve specified for the phones but the result is excellent. Should you try this yourself then remember that for 3dB SPL difference you need 6dB gain difference.
by garyshepherd on Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:15 am
Goodherz Can Opener Studio 3 and ToneBoosters Morphit v.1 strongly recommended - I use them combined with different curves for my Beyerdynamics - either the DT 990 Pro or the DT100 headphones - placed on the Post on the Listen Bus. A good and inexpensive system recommended to me by someone who knows what he is doing! So good enough for me.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by saschameyer on Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:25 am
garyshepherd wroteGoodherz Can Opener Studio 3 and ToneBoosters Morphit v.1 strongly recommended - I use them combined with different curves for my Beyerdynamics - either the DT 990 Pro or the DT100 headphones - placed on the Post on the Listen Bus. A good and inexpensive system recommended to me by someone who knows what he is doing! So good enough for me.

It put a smile on my face because you actually confirmed my impressions after 2 days of testing different plugins (9 in total).
The combination of canopener and morphit gives just the right amount of room/air and headphone correction.
Although i really have to concentrate to hear the difference with morphit on or off it seems to me it reduces the annyoing frequencies of my AKG 712 in a wonderful way. Listening with headphones for a longer time can be quite annoying to me. But morphit seems to solve this without me even noticing it.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1