This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
15 posts
Page 1 of 1
If anyone else like me has moved from Ableton Live to Studio One (or uses both in parallel) and has an expensive Push 2 controller gathering dust, you may be interested in software I wrote to use the Push very effectively as a controller for Studio One (or any DAW). This software is for Windows only unfortunately. I wrote it for my own use, and have no intention to charge for it. So I will be making this available for free download.

Meanwhile, if anyone wants to try it before I release it, and perhaps influence its features, please reply and I will send it to you.

I have yet to write the full documentation (not that it needs much). But I attach a one-page PDF summary.

Attachments
PushWhacker one-page summary.pdf
A one page summary of my software to use an Ableton Push 2 with other DAWs
(187.22 KiB) Downloaded 1052 times
by jaemaloney on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:02 am
Hi mate would absolutely love to try it, I am in the same position, have a push 2 here just lying about, and would love to be able to use it in my main Daw now (studio one).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Jae
by claytonsmith9 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:45 pm
Hi Brian
Also another Ableton Push2 owner trying to see if it can be used in Studio One. Very happy to use, test whatever it needs to help.
Thanks
by monoxide works on Fri May 28, 2021 11:57 am
I'd be interested in that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64 bit
Adobe Creative Suite
Ableton Live 9
Presonus Studio One 3 Pro
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Novation Launch Control XL
Ableton Push 1 and 2
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88
M-Audio Axiom Pro 25
KRK Rokit 6 G3
KRK VXT 6
Presonus Eris E5
Presonus MTM E44
[email protected]
by scott42 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:24 pm
That would be very helpful. :)
by rotemcohen on Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:45 pm
Hello, I’m a new studio one user, would you recommend buying the abelton push 2 specifically for studio one using your program? Thanks in advance!!
by kevinworden on Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:05 pm
I am definitely interested i have live and studio one i would love to switch to studio one exclusively but i hqve a push 2
by kevinworden on Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:05 pm
I am definitely interested i have live and studio one i would love to switch to studio one exclusively but i hqve a push 2
by estevancarlosbenson on Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:23 am
Automatic support would be great although there are some workarounds. It should be noted that Ableton is not interested in other software supporting their hardware though. It's not in their business model.

-
Musician/Film Scorer
University Educator

If you wish to discuss or have questions about the equipment (how to use, opinions, etc) feel free to reach out.

Windows 10
Ryzen 5 3600
16Gb RAM
Studio One
Ableton Live 10
Ableton Push
StudioLogic SL88
Nektar GX61
Sensel Morph
RME Babyface FS
Etc
by jonlayton on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:32 pm
If this software is still around I'd love to give it a go.

Thanks!
by pedroatsea on Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:16 pm
I would be very interested in your software.
Have sent you a PM :-)
Have a great day
by jamespeterson9 on Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:53 pm
briancollins11 wroteIf anyone else like me has moved from Ableton Live to Studio One (or uses both in parallel) and has an expensive Push 2 controller gathering dust, you may be interested in software I wrote to use the Push very effectively as a controller for Studio One (or any DAW). This software is for Windows only unfortunately. I wrote it for my own use, and have no intention to charge for it. So I will be making this available for free download.

Meanwhile, if anyone wants to try it before I release it, and perhaps influence its features, please reply and I will send it to you.

I have yet to write the full documentation (not that it needs much). But I attach a one-page PDF summary.

I would love that, as I want to use S1 as well as Live, and don't want my Push 2 to goto waste. :)
by emilyfabian on Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:50 am
I too would love to give this a shot if you're still sending it out. :)
by deluxeinspiration on Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:11 am
I'd definitely be intersted in trying your software.
Cheers Graham
by deant487 on Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:54 am
hello, do you still have this as would love to use it as a controller in Studio 1,

email me at [email protected].

15 posts
Page 1 of 1