This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone , I used to plug my synth into the line inputs on my UAD Apollo. It all worked great with setting up an external instrument etc. Now I have some more synths and I’m struggling to set it up in Studio One 5.

I checked on my UAD console and everything is set up correctly. I go to external instrument select the correct audio inputs but doesn’t seem to work with external instrument. What I can do is play the synth via midi in studio one and then create a seperate audio track which is receiving the audio from the ADAT input.

I did notice in my old session where everything was working correctly that on the I/o the synth had like an aux created in the synth setup. I can’t remember why I did this or how I did this but could someone explain how I go about creating this for the synths plugged into the my behringer ADA8200 . Do I always have to set up the aux to receive the audio to be able to use the external instrument plugin in studio one? Sorry if this sounds confusing but all help appreciated. If not I’ll just have to go Old skool and use the external instrument channel to play my hardware synth and then couple it with an audio track to receive the audio back into studio one but I don’t feel this is how it’s meant to be now.
by mycbeats on Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:05 am
You have to go Options -> Song Setup and add all your new inputs in the matrix for them to be visible.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation

2 posts
Page 1 of 1