This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

It s been 2 weeks that I use this crazy Autohotkey find in github

https://github.com/lokanchung/StudioPlusOne

This is a game changer for me, I usually run around 40 tracks for work, and my workflow is so quick now. U just hold mouseclick to drag and move like a touch screen !!

Give a lot of star to the dev !
by judithkuijf on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:53 am
Nice script. The middle mouse button pan is working well. I have combined this script with 2 other Auto Hotkey scripts in 1 file.

1) Full Screen (toggle with Alt F11)
2) Middle Mouse Button Pan
3) Undo Redo with compatible mouse (back/forward buttons)

Attachments
Scripts Full Screen - Middle Mouse Button Pan - Undo Redo.zip
(3.04 MiB) Downloaded 383 times
by judithkuijf on Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:23 am
I have splitted the 3 scripts for convenience.

Attachments
3 scripts.zip
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
by pierre chaffanjon on Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:38 am
Thanks Judy :+1 Youre the best

Take care
by samuliteerilahti on Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:00 pm
I found a script for Mac that does the same with Hammerspoon. Hammerspoon is similar to AutoHotkey for Mac.

If it is possible in this forum, you can now remove the (Win Only) from the topic. :+1

I'll post a link to the script as I did not write it.
https://superuser.com/questions/303424/ ... ag-in-os-x

I have changed the script to work more like most of the DAWs that have the feature.

I changed the line reading:
local scroll = hs.eventtap.event.newScrollEvent({-dx * scrollmult, dy * scrollmult},{},'pixel')
to read:
local scroll = hs.eventtap.event.newScrollEvent({-dx * scrollmult, -dy * scrollmult},{},'pixel')

And the:
local scrollmult = -4
to read:
local scrollmult = -1

I'll attach the modified script as a text file for convenience.

I come from Cubase where this middle mouse drag pan and scroll navigation is default behavior and I have tried many of the 3rd party programs that try to emulate the same thing, but they all have some weird and clunky behaviors and most cost money. This one works well, especially with the adjustments I made.

Oh and please vote for this feature to be built in Studio One, thanks. :D
https://answers.presonus.com/8785/smart ... ddle-click
The request is not mine, so I also added a clarification to it, it's on the bottom of the page. Click a vote on that too, it might help to avoid misunderstandings.

Attachments
Hammerspoon middle mouse scroll.txt
Hammerspoon script for middle mouse button pan/scroll behavior for Mac.
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
by samuliteerilahti on Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:41 pm
Just a small update to the script, to not hold the cursor still while dragging. Now it works almost exactly like in Cubase and other DAWs.

Just one detail missing, because Studio One seems to restrict scrolling to one axis at a time, as opposed to free panning. But I can't fix that with an external script. One more reason to vote. :thumbup:

Attachments
Hammerspoon middle mouse scroll.txt
Updated script.
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
by judithkuijf on Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:25 pm
I have upvoted the feature request. It is a pity that we have to use external scripting for MMB pan and full screen usage. You can also do a lot more with the right click mouse button. In AutoCAD for example you can set a "timer" for your right-click (short click = enter, longer click = submenu) Imagine that you can combine these options with modifiers like alt/ctrl/shift or option/command/ctrl.
by samuliteerilahti on Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:40 am
judithkuijf wroteI have upvoted the feature request. It is a pity that we have to use external scripting for MMB pan and full screen usage. You can also do a lot more with the right click mouse button. In AutoCAD for example you can set a "timer" for your right-click (short click = enter, longer click = submenu) Imagine that you can combine these options with modifiers like alt/ctrl/shift or option/command/ctrl.

Thanks. :thumbup:

Yes, the more technical software does tend to have advanced features often missing from ones not targeted at engineers. But I am with you there, and fortunately sometimes some features get adapted by a wider community. I personally would love to be able to use alphanumeric keys as modifiers. E.g. I would like to combine audio functions under ’A’ as in A-N for normalize, A-R for reverse, etc. And MIDI functions under M, as in M-R for retrograde, M-I for invert, M-1..9 for adding intervals, etc. To clarify: you would then press and hold A and tap N for normalize. This would tremendously ease remembering more shortcuts. Similarly you could hold a key and tap mouse button for multiple functions, hold C and LMB for cut, hold C-A and click to cut the whole timeline, etc.

Now that I think of it, perhaps that could be achievable with AutoHotkey and Hammerspoon?
by judithkuijf on Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:15 am
I have updated the package with another script. In Studio One you can use ctrl+mousewheel for vertical zooming. With this extra script you can use the alt+mousewheel to do horizontal zooming. It is a simple script that just presses the e and w keys when you scroll with the wheel when alt is pressed.

1) Full Screen (toggle with Alt F11)
2) Middle Mouse Button Pan
3) Undo Redo with compatible mouse (back/forward buttons)
4) Alt + Mousewheel for horizontal zooming

Attachments
Scripts - Full Screen.zip
(3.04 MiB) Downloaded 279 times

9 posts
Page 1 of 1