This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
The Pipeline plugins inconstancies are well documented. Post titles include
• Export issue with PipelineXT
• Does anyone else have situations where Pipeline Mono stops working?
• Offset does not change when I select "Auto" in Pipeline XT
• Problem with Pipeline and External Hardware

Hypothesis have concluded that it’s a third-party hardware issue, that Presonus “don’t care about hardware users”, that you just need to click on a different track and come back and pipeline will start working again. From my experience and in my opinion all these are bollocks. Presonus make and sell plenty of hardware, I have Quantum + Quanum4848 (aggregated) and still have the same issues and clicking on different tracks works only occasionally. If I was to guess, Presonus would love to figure it but don’t yet have the capability. They’ll get there.

Interim workaround tip: What I have noticed (that I hope will be workaround for many of you) is that as an effect send, Pipeline is stable. If you set pipelines mix and your external devices mix (where required) to 100%, you can then dial in your effect to taste. And, if parallel effects is not what you are after, set the send to pre-fader – that way you can pull the fader right down and turn up the send to get only the effect audio, BAM!

Final Solution: is on Presonus. The Marketing department have coaxed me into buying a 4848 and heaps of analogue gear with a promise, “The included Studio One® Professional DAW features Pipeline XT, allowing you to use your analogue gear as plug-ins inside your Studio One session'. As well as “doing my doe” I’ve spent an enormous amount of time getting settings, pre-sets, routing, cabling and pictures set up and pipeline is flimsy, at best. I’m gutted but praying for God to bestow the software Product Manager with a sense of what is right and the devs the coding skills to deliver stability.

Faderport 16
A stack of analogue and external processors
by frank.crow on Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:19 pm
Thanks for the work around information.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by pmartin73 on Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:38 am
I'm encountering this issue as well, with Pipeline XT just cutting out completely at random. Recreating outputs sometimes works, as does recreating Pipeline instances.

I will try your workarounds and I am waiting for a response from Presonus. If this is a software bug that the developer is ignoring, I'll be inclined to change DAWs and stop paying a monthly subscription fee if the software will not work consistently with my outboard gear.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1