This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recently picked up a QCon Pro X for use with Studio One v3 and quickly began researching ways to improve integration with MCU based hardware.
The most promising and easiest was edit the mackie surface XML script. There is a video on YouTube posted by Nyroh where he demonstrates a remapped Behringer X Touch controlling various parameters inside S1. I aimed to take it a little further and here's a breakdown of what I managed to do.

THIS INCLUDES A WAY TO GET THE CONSOLE TO FOLLOW THE HARDWARE FADER BANKING

For a little background, unlike the Mackie MCU and Behringer X Touch, the QCon Pro X only has SHIFT as a modifier button.

What I've done:
1. Console window in S1 follows hardware fader banking (both single channel and groups of 8) using a command triggered by the fader and channel bank buttons and activating Previous Bank/Next Bank (or channel) inside S1.
NOTE: when the hardware is 'viewing' only audio track, busses, fx track or VCAs, Studio One's Console WILL keep banking, even if the hardware doesn't. However, the Console window will jump to the selected track so it's easy to get back to where you want to be in the Console window. This also leads me to number 2.

2. SHIFT+Audio Tracks changes the hardware to view audio tracks and selects scene 1 in the S1 Console. I have setup scene 1 to show audio tracks only, so the hardware and S1 console both show the same thing. This is repeated for Instrument, FX, Bus and VCA tracks (remapped on the QCon to be triggered by the Master button). SHIFT+User and SHIFT+Global View select scene 6 which is setup to show all types of tracks.
Note that if you don't press SHIFT+Audio Track/Instrument/Aux etc, the hardware will change but S1 won't.

3. SCRUB is remapped to open and close the console window

4. Display Mode or Name/Value turns the Click on and off

5. SHIFT+FX adds an FX track

6.SHIFT+Send adds a send to selected channel

7.SHIFT+Plugin adds an insert to selected channel

8. SHIFT+Pan adds a Bus channel

9. Function buttons etc are still mappable as usual within studio one, same as plugins etc.

That about sums it up, if the dev team want me to I can send over the XML.
I would say I'll post it up for download but I don't know exactly what Presonus would advise there.

Finally, MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THE ORIGINAL XML!!

Cheers,
Charlie - Subvert City Audio
by Bravin Neff on Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:46 am
I wish I had seen your post earlier. I'm interested in the work you've done here regarding xml editing. Have you taken this further? Where does this project currently sit for you? Thanks.

Bravin
by richmorris on Mon May 10, 2021 6:05 am
Would this work for the Beringer Motor 49?
by nicholasmuracciole on Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:56 am
Okay I know the rules say no question and that this thread is super dead - but I am simply looking for a link to download your .xml

Just got the Behringer X-Touch a week ago and it's my only true gripe with the unit.

Would be great to have proper banking!
by markoalini on Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:10 pm
This would also help me play with my X-Touch Compact even without all the buttons. I really hate the way it is not mapped correctly in mackie mode. Can you please post the link to download the XML?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1