This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
38 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I've revised the How to Create Compelling Mixes in Studio One eBook. Because it's a revision and not a new edition, owners of the book can download a free update from their PreSonus account.

In the words of the typical software "point" release, the revision has "bug fixes and enhancements." All the effects screen shots now reflect the changes Studio One 5, but there have also been a lot of little fixes - for example there's a new Appendix on MIDI Basics, and some additional tips.

Also, just a reminder that if you own the original version of How to Record and Mix Great Guitar Sounds in Studio One, that was also revised and the revision is available for free.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by Anderton on Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:35 pm
Heads-up: The Big Book of Studio One Tips & Tricks has been updated, and owners of a previous release have already been upgraded to the latest version—it's available for download from your my.presonus account.

The revision has new screen shots to reflect UI changes, lots of little tweaks/editing to the writing, a better layout that allows fitting more information on a page and is a better experience on mobile devices, and some revised tips. It's almost like a new edition, but my concept for these books was to treat them like software - keep them current with updates, make the updates free to existing book owners, and offer new editions (like a major software release, e.g., going from V4 to V5) available to existing owners for half-price. This would also make sure new buyers were getting current information.

Thank you for your support! Now go get your free update :)

by Anderton on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:11 am
There is a free revision coming for "How to Create Compelling Mixes in Studio One" in the next week or two. If you buy the current version you'll be able to update it for free anyway, but you might want to wait so you only need to download it once.

In other news, the Big Book of Studio One Tips and Tricks is now The Huge Book of Studio One Tips and Tricks. It's a new edition (492 pages [!] - now with more preset files, and links to audio examples) so the revision isn't free, but owners of the original edition or the subsequent free revision can update to the new edition for half-price.

As always, thanks for your support.

by darryllong on Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:32 pm
I'd *love* a book on MIDI and Studio One, and the details on routing. Yes, it's covered, to a degree, in the user manual and the Huge Book of Tip & Tricks. But not sufficiently. I'd just like to know how to get a triggering device (in my case a Roland Handsonic HPD-20) to route its MIDI output to the sound library of a third-party plug-in, such as Superior Drummer 3. I've contacted "Support" three times asking about this, but they are either unable to understand the question, or provide complete instructions on how to accomplish this. It's hard to tell, given the terse responses. Thanks for your time.
by Bbd on Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:52 pm
Your question would be better directed to your hardware and 3rd party plugin vendor.
Presonus Support is available for technical issues related to things not working properly.
You question is more about a specific process.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by [email protected] on Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:28 pm
Craig, just purchased your Huge Book of Studio one Tips and Tricks and discovered that the link to the audio files with the eBook refer to an expired link.

Can you please help me access the files?

Thanks,

Fernando
by Anderton on Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:36 pm
Hi Fernando,

I am very sorry about that, PreSonus switched to a different host and the process broke the links. They've re-linked everything, so If you refresh your browser, you'll find the files are available now.

Sorry!

Craig

by Anderton on Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:04 pm
I just wanted to remind anyone who owns "The Huge Book of Studio One Tips and Tricks" that you are eligible to download the free update, released at the end of January 2022, from your PreSonus account. If you the predecessor, "The Big Book of Studio One Tips and Tricks," you can obtain the new edition at half-price.

Also if you own "How to Create Compelling Mixes in Studio One," a new revision was released in July 2021. If you don't have it, you can download the free update from your PreSonus account.

by musicroom98 on Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:19 pm
Hello Craig - thanks for this ebook. Just purchased. I'm finally migrating over from Cakewalk after having Studio One 5 for a while. I feel it's time to fully commit to a new daw.

Back to your tips - do you have a preset / fx chain equivalent in Studio One for the Lifter fx chain like the fx chain you created for us Sonar users? I use that fx chain all the time in Sonar and hate to leave it behind. I may have to copy the parameters to a couple of compressors in Studio One. I hesitate to do that as the Sonitus Compressors are quite transparent. I may just use the Sonitus Comp in Studio One since I do have the Sonitus fx installed via your dxshell tip. Thanks for that one as well! That's easy enough as I think about it - however if you have similar fx chain in Studio One, it would be nice to know and I can leave the dx plugins behind as well. Well maybe :)

Appreciate You!
by Anderton on Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:14 pm
You'll be happy to know that the "Glue" Compressor on page 440 of version 1.3 of the book is based on the Lifter FX Chain. It can do what the lifter could do, and then some. Also, the book includes a downloadable multipreset for Studio One Pro users (although Artist uses can construct it).

Finally, there's the Sweetwater Publishing Official Support Forum for all the Sweetwater publishing books. Feel free to visit if you have any further questions, need support, want to know scheduling for future updates (subject to change without notice, of course!), and so on.

Thanks for checking in! Enjoy Studio One :)

by Scottyfs6 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:52 pm
Hello. I just saw that Sweetwater has version 1.4 available here:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... nstruments.

I am unable to locate this on the Presonus shop as I have the ebook purchased there. Will this be available soon?
by Anderton on Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:29 pm
Scottyfs6 wroteHello. I just saw that Sweetwater has version 1.4 available here:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... nstruments.

I am unable to locate this on the PreSonus shop as I have the ebook purchased there. Will this be available soon?

I've been told the PreSonus shop is undergoing some technical and organizational changes, so version 1.4 of the book won't be available from PreSonus until the 2nd Quarter. However, I am very proud of this revision. To thank you for your previous support, I would like to get a copy to you. Please private message user name Anderton at the dedicated support forum for Sweetwater Publishing mentioned in the top post, and I'll find out a way to take care of you. The same goes for anyone else with the same problem.

I'm sorry you're having this issue, but we'll figure out a solution.

by lynnseacord on Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:41 am
Craig,
I have looked for the support forum for Sweetwater publishing but have not seen a reference allowing contacting you.
I have your S1 tips and tricks ( I bought the original and then updated in November 2019.) I would certainly be interested in getting an updated 1.4 version. And if you help facilitate that that would be great.

Thanks
Lynn Seacord
by JohnBW on Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:10 pm
lynnseacord wroteCraig,
I have looked for the support forum for Sweetwater publishing but have not seen a reference allowing contacting you.

It's here:
Sweetwater Publishing Official Support Forum
https://forums.musicplayer.com/forum/63 ... ort-forum/

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by lynnseacord on Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:16 pm
Thank you
by Anderton on Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:21 pm
JohnBW wrote
lynnseacord wroteCraig,

It's here:
Sweetwater Publishing Official Support Forum
https://forums.musicplayer.com/forum/63 ... ort-forum/

Thanks for filling in for me!

by Anderton on Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:13 am
FYI - PreSonus has now implemented what's needed to carry version 1.4 in the PreSonus shop. I highly recommend getting the free update, it's almost a complete rewrite due to the changes in Studio One version 6.

by Anderton on Sun May 21, 2023 10:42 am
There's a new free update to version 1.4.1. The content is the same as 1.4, this is a "hotfix" for better compatibility with Adobe Acrobat's navigation. You can now navigate via page thumbnails, or by headings.

I'm planning on a version 1.5 in late Summer. It will also be a free update.

As always, thanks for your support!

38 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2