This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Celemony have been posting some masterclasses in using Melodyne. There's one for lead vocals (in English and German), and one for dub and harmony vocals (in English only right now). The presenter is using Studio One which makes everything easy as it uses ARA. They were recorded at IMST Festa in Berlin last year.

If, like me, you thought you knew Melodyne pretty well, I'd recommend watching the lead vocals one, at least, and I bet you'll learn something you didn't know. And you might want to bookmark the playlist, or subscribe to their feed to get a notification when they post the next one.

The're here.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by jpettit on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:48 pm
I learned that Stefan must have had a cold.
Just kidding.. :-)

He did a good job on the importance of splitting a blob up to do more subtle corrections.

Many have hoped / an FR fro Melodyne is for it to autodetect/editing of SSSs/consonance or Transient protection like VocalAlyne Revoice can do.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by garryknight on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:46 am
jpettit wroteI learned that Stefan must have had a cold.
Just kidding.. :-)

He did a good job on the importance of splitting a blob up to do more subtle corrections.

Oops! I read that as "spitting". Wonder what gave me that context? :-D

Yes, that one piece of advice had probably made the biggest difference to the results I get with Melodyne.

jpettit wroteMany have hoped / an FR fro Melodyne is for it to autodetect/editing of SSSs/consonance or Transient protection like VocalAlyne Revoice can do.

I seem to recall that this came up in the Q&As afterwards. Could be useful, and time-saving if it also autocorrects to a sensible degree.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by codyhazelle on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:55 pm
Is this good if we just have essentials? Or is it more for the full version?

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen R7 1700 3GHz, Radeon RX 480, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen 2, Studio One 4 Pro

4 posts
Page 1 of 1