This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all,

I did a search for a macro threads, but couldn't find any. So, I'm starting one.
Please add your macro, a short description and maybe a short GIF animation, that
shows the macro in action.

I'll start with two macros that I just created.

Macro: Select Notes from Start to Cursor
Description: this macro will select all MIDI notes from the beginning of the event until playhead cursor
Select Notes from Start to Cursor.studioonemacro
(503 Bytes) Downloaded 360 times

Some explanation about what is happening in the video:
the loop markers are a very powerful tool. It's highly recommended to use them, if you plan to select notes and this cannot be done out of the box. What I do here is:

- set the loop end to my actual playhead cursor
- select the first note in the event (the Pos1 key or the shortcut "Navigation - Start")
- then I locate the playhead to that position with "Locate selection" and set the loop start to that position
- as final step, I select all notes that are located in the loop
DONE!
Last edited by _Stevie_ on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
by _Stevie_ on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:33 pm
Macro: Select Notes from Cursor to End
Description: this macro will select all MIDI notes from the playhead cursor until the end of the event
Select Notes from Cursor to End.studioonemacro
(505 Bytes) Downloaded 330 times

by Lawrence on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:36 am
Nice macros, thanks for sharing.

Related (semi off topic), there are two built in key bound commands for similar...

Select From Start to Event ... and ... Select From Event to End

... where you'd select a note or clip and Shift + Alt/Opt + Home or End to select everything else going either way.
by _Stevie_ on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:00 am
That's right, that's a very good complement to this macro! Now people can chose which approach works best for them.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1