3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Whenever I solo a track that is being sidechained from an external source (so let's say I solo a bass that is getting a trigger from a kick) I've noticed that sometimes the sidechaining stops working, but other times it doesn't.

For me the preferred behavior would be that somehow even if I solo the bass, it will still receive the sidechain trigger from the kick. That way, if I want to render the bass track I don't have to set-up the sidechain again.

I just can't figure out why it only works sometimes. I mostly set my sidechain up in the same way, but in one project it will be fine and in another when I solo the bass the sidechain isn't coming through.

Anyone who can help me out on this?

Asus X99-A, i7 5820K 6-Core (4.2Ghz With Multiplier), Corsair 32Gb DDR4 RAM (2133 C15), 1 Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD, 2 Samsung 840 PRO 1TB SSD, 2 Samsung 850 EVO 2TB SSD, 2 Western Digital Caviar Black 4 TB HDD, AMD Firepro 2460, Win 7 64 Bit, USB 2.0 + 3.0 Ports, UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe, TC Powercore Express PCIe, Studio One Pro [Latest Update] 64 Bit
by snb1 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:38 pm
Maybe try sending your sidechain signal post fader.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by Steve Carter on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:35 pm
Could it be that when you solo the bass track you are effectively muting the kick send so the bass side chain is receiving no signal?
You may need to ensure that the kick (sidechain send) is not muted when soloing the bass as per previous post.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1