This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Beginners and advance users can benefit from this tremendously. After coming up with this, I will NEVER go back to the old way of working inside the piano roll again.

https://youtu.be/FHZD1jrz_3Y

Studio One Pro 6.6 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by sirmonkey on Sun May 28, 2017 6:06 pm
Thanks for posting!

So, how do you set this up?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by snb1 on Sun May 28, 2017 8:08 pm
sirmonkey wroteThanks for posting!

So, how do you set this up?

You're welcome!

I will do a follow up video on how I went about setting this up here shortly.

Studio One Pro 6.6 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by snb1 on Mon May 29, 2017 4:49 am
Alright check this one out.
https://youtu.be/Tp6FCSlE21o

SkipNo Beet
by sirmonkey on Mon May 29, 2017 6:52 pm
Very cool. I haven't done anything involving layers with midi, so I will have to look for videos on that subject, and maybe actually look at the user manual. What you did was pretty clever, but I wasn't quite sure what you did on a few steps in the video (but I get the gist).

Thanks again! :+1

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by snb1 on Mon May 29, 2017 8:17 pm
sirmonkey wroteVery cool. I haven't done anything involving layers with midi, so I will have to look for videos on that subject, and maybe actually look at the user manual. What you did was pretty clever, but I wasn't quite sure what you did on a few steps in the video (but I get the gist).

Thanks again! :+1

Thank you I appreciate that! I love coming up with clever things like that. And yes, layers involving midi notes are very interesting. So, I think I know the parts you'd gotten confused on. That was my fault in the editing. That was me tryna figure out my next move. I forgot to cut it. Video editing first timer lol. How in depth I really want to explain it would of took me some time to prepare you know. And at that moment I felt like another day of waiting is another day of procrastination. So I went for it. :D I was thinking about re-recording it with audio along with a series of videos showing top dog techniques, workflow enhancements, and just new creative ideas that might spark idea in someone else. Maybe I'll start a channel.

SkipNo Beet
by sirmonkey on Mon May 29, 2017 8:26 pm
Yeah, creating tutorial videos is way harder than most people think. However, audio narration would definitely be a plus. You could always produce the video, then add narration after the fact. In my mind, it's easier to say what you're doing than to try to type it all out. Also, when one has to read everything, it's a lot harder to pay attention to what the cursor is doing, and exactly what is going on (especially if the viewer doesn't already know what tabs do what). But still, very cool of you to do this. Now I'm off to research the layers thing!

7 posts
Page 1 of 1