This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Control Link is one of Studio One's best features, IMO, and Johnny is a great presenter who explains everything simply. If you've got any sort of controller that has knobs, faders, and switches, this is the video that explains how to set them up to work with Studio One every time. Thanks for another excellent video, Johnny!

phpBB [video]

EDIT
I just realised that this belongs in the Tips forum. I'd be grateful if a mod could move this and my other post there. Thanks.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by scottproctor on Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:55 pm
Oh my gawd this video was so helpful!! I'm trying to setup an M-Audio Code 61, and I have been messing with it all week trying to get all my faders and knobs setup so they will already be assigned the way I want them on each VST Instrument I use. I just became a Presonus Sphere member so I have a lot of work to do. The only thing I would like to add to this video is create a new project and call it "Control Link Setup" so when you add a new VST Instrument, or Effect you can go back to it, add your new virtual device to a new track, get the mapping the way you want, and save it and you'll be good to go with that Instrument. Then, down to road, if you want to change the mappings you go back, open that Control Link setup project, select the track with that VST Intrument name, and change the mappings there.
One piece of advice for anyone else who is dealing with a Code61 is that you want to make sure all your button and fader banks are set to MIDI before you setup your instrument in MIDI Learn (as opposed to MackieHUI or other modes) and be mindful when you are doing your instrument setup that knobs 1+2 link automatically to the X and Y button. Then if I want to set X to Cutoff and Y to Resonance on the XY Pad Knob 1 will just control Cutoff and Knob 2 will just control Resonance. I had set the X and Y buttons up as On/Off buttons and I couldn't figure out why the heck I was moving knobs one and two, and all it did was make my X/Y buttons go on and off, I changed them to knobs and it made sense.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1