This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Here's a great video by Johnny Geib on implementation of Control Link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG76UEQqcuI

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by Mac Money on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:25 pm
Thank You this really got me up and running with my BCR2000

George Ware
StudioOne v6.6.2 Pro 64bit
Waves SoundGrid Studio 2
Waves DigiGrid IOS
Waves DigiGrid IOX
Waves SoundGrid Server One
PreSonus CS18ai & BCR2000 Control Surface
Intel 6 Core i7 3.2Ghz.
Windows 10 Professional 64bit. v20H2
Arturia KeyLab-88 Essential
URS, Waves v14 (Everything), EMI, Sonnox Oxford (Everything), Antares Unlimited, Plugin Alliance (Everything), Nomad Factory, TL Labs, Massey, Komplete Ultimate 13 CE, Arturia VC9 (Everything), Korg Collection, UVI Falcon v3.1, Melodyne Studio 5.2, VocAlign, Eventide (Everything), Softube and IKM Total Studio Max.
As of 20 Jun 23
by TheTwangmeister on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Hi Jonny

I watched your video because I couldn't get this to work with my Mackie Control C4. As you probably will know the BCR 2000 is Behringer's version of the Mackie C4.

I have just moved over from SONAR which I have used for 20 years. The C4 worked perfectly there. For some reason it isn't in the list of recognised devices in Studio One even though the Mackie Control and the Extender are.

Here is the problem I had after attempting to set the C4 up as a generic Control Link controller, and after following your steps thoroughly I still have exactly the same problem.

1. I do not get the visual feedback on my C4 knobs, it's like there is just one way communication. But even worse...
2. The knobs do not respond properly. Namely, the parameter value jumps from around zero to around 50 even though these are continuous control knobs just like yours on the BCR2000.

Once I have set up my 32 knobs with the Midi Learn and ticked the Transmit Value option, then this is what happens. When I turn a C4 knob clockwise the parameter value jumps to 0.79. When I turn a knob anti-clockwise it jumps to 51.18. This renders the buttons absolutely useless. And of course I get nothing on my visual displays on the C4. What am I doing wrong? Why does this not work?

Also, why do you set it up as a keyboard rather than a Control Surface? I have to say it makes no difference which option I go for, the result is the same.

Help please!!!

Presonus Sphere
Studio One 5 Pro

Windows 10 Pro 64, Intel Quad Core i7 6700k, 16GB Ram
Apollo Firewire, Focusrite OctoPre
UAD octo dsp (Apollo quad and PCIe quad)
Faderport 16 and 8.
Softube Console 1
Behringer BCR2000 (for plugin control)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1