8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Attached please find a five page manual explaining the MIx FX Flow and Presonus's console emulation plugin offering. It is merged/normalized content from all known sources (article or videos) of data on the topic.
I addition it includes Presonus vetta diagrams to explain the signal flow logic in simplest terms.
Update 1.21 Includes stacking of third party and Presonus Mix FX and Softube Tape Multitrack paramater discription, and fixes to pass-through logic.

Enjoy
Version 1.0 (1.38 MiB) Downloaded 179 times
Version 1.1 (1.63 MiB) Downloaded 91 times

How To Get Your Issue Fixed
To add your specs to your signature, click HERE
For FAQ or to submit a request go to Presonus Answers
My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, Studio 192, Faderport 8, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Line 6 UX2, Studio One Pro 3.4, Reaper 5.4, Sonar Platinum
by jpettit on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:28 pm
Version 1.1 of the Mix FX and Plugins Explained Handbook.
Additions:
Added How to use Third Party Mix FX Plug-ins. Includes an example of using the Tape Multitrack Emulation Mix FX on the main bus in combination with CTC-1 Console emulation on sub-buses.
Of course since it is also a VST plugins you can you it in series with Console Shaper/CTC-1 in combination Mix FX + Plugins mode. You can also use it s a VST on each channels to simulate a multitrack tape machine feeding a classic console which feeds a classic master tape machine.
phpBB [video]

See OP for handbook.

Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, Studio 192, Faderport 8, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Line 6 UX2, Studio One Pro 3.4, Reaper 5.4, Sonar Platinum
by Steve Carter on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:19 pm
Me again... Problem with the pdf file, unable to open on my Android tablet, yet, from any other source I can download and open pdf files without any problem!
If I download your file to my iMac and then send a copy to my tablet it will open without problems - but direct from the forum link.... No - strange!!

For information only - thanks yet again for all of your input to the forum/s.
Regards
Steve...

They say that money can't buy you happiness - but if I had to be unhappy I'd rather have money as well.... :roll:

iMac (2009) intel 8GB Yosemite 10.10.3, Studio One 3 Pro 3.3.4, Melodyne Editor. EZ Drummer 2, various Waves, Izotope, Brainworx & other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 interface, Faderport, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
by nikolaospitloglou on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:29 am
thanks jpettit!

Mac-pro 2009 - 3.33 12cores 32gb ram, osx 10.10.5, UAD 2 octo(x2) - quad (x1) - RME FIREFACE 802
by jpettit on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:35 pm
Did some quick tests on the Softube Tape Multitrack tonight.
Color (Amount, Type ABC), Crosstalk Hi Freq Trim, Speed Stability and Noise all affect each of the source channels signal just like a Console Shaper Mix FX.

So one plugins on the Main in passthrough mode is affecting all channels just like a multitrack tape machine on the sources.

Color Amounts above about 4 start to compress the signals.
Color Type A,B and C all have different harmonic distortion patterns.
Both B and C have more high frequency harmonic than A.
B has fairly linear harmonics
C has higher harmonics closer to the source frequency.

by jpettit on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:22 am
Just to let people know who are demoing Softube's Tape /Tape Multitrack Mix FX, the Mix FX handbook has been updated (1.21) to include a better explanation on how to use Mix FX in serial and in parallel as well more accurately defined Pass-through mode and added a full parameter description of Tape Multitrack.

by jpettit on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:08 pm
Nice review of this product purely from a plugin perspective and not a MIx FX perspective.
phpBB [video]
FYI the sale end June 30th.

by Davelong on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 pm
You know, JPettit, I read the PDFs you create, and watch your informative videos, and I just want to express my gratitude for all the work you've done here, sharing all your insights into our much loved DAW!

You are truly a blessing to all of us here on the Forum!

Cheers!

Dave

"Trashcan" 2013 Mac Pro / Apollo Quad / Studio One Pro 3.5

8 posts
Page 1 of 1