This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
279 postsPage 6 of 14
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14
berdstrom

Organising plugins (favourites) in Studio One - ...continued

A few more points on this way of organizing favorites:

1. You can organize any combination of plug-in regardless of vendor technology
2. You can rearrange the order but just dragging the effects to whatever order you like while it is in the insert
3. You can have multiple lists of favorites organized by effect type like !FAV Amp FX, !FAV Compressors
4. To edit a list, drag the entire chain back into a channel insert, update it and drag it back (you will need to rename it again and delete the old version)

House | Dubstep by Thedmncproject

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by db on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:58 am
eike PreSonus

Organising plugins (favourites) in Studio One

i'd suggest something similar. create a folder in your filesystem for YOUR personal content (and add a browser tab with this as root), then create subfolders, e.g for midi-loops, audio-loops, fx-presets, all with arbitrary subfolders (whatever you fancy helps categorizing). then drag the inserts or chains into those folders. alas if you want those presets to show up in your preset-menu you'll have to drag them into the built-in fx tab as well.

by also dragging multitrack selections of instrument or audio events into the respective folders you can build your library of starting material in no time. (did you know that you can preview midi-loops on the currently selected instrument track?)

something to note is that you can browse into closed songs and drag from there as well (i.e. the song-file itself can be expanded in the browser).

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by db on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:04 am
Song Page

Drag from Editor to create a new MIDI Part

1. Double click on a MIDI part to open it in the Editor

2. Select the notes you want to use for a new MIDI part and drag them to the arrange view.

3. Studio One will create a new MIDI part for you.

by db on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:05 am
Product Focus

Using Reason and Studio One

phpBB [video]

by db on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:06 am
Working with audio files from other hosts - Part 1

maik [PreSonus]
Studio One has the "Move to Origin" command in the "Edit" menu.
It moves the selected events to the time when was recorded, if that has been written into the Broadcast chunk of the wave file.

Jonathan [PreSonus]
And I'll add that writing this data to the broadcast chunk of the wave file seems to be optional in other platforms (PT, for instance). So, be sure if there is an option that it is engaged...there's no reason to not do this.

by db on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 am
Working with files from other hosts - Part 2

Justin Spence [PreSonus] shares his tips on how to move files from Pro Tools into Studio One

phpBB [video]

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:08 am
Console

Check Bus Sources

Click on the top of a Bus channel within the mixer to view Sources

Bus Sources.gif
Bus Sources.gif (132.08 KiB) Viewed 427363 times

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:21 am
Console

Quick access to corresponding tracks in the Console

1. You can easily avoid scrolling through the Console for corresponding tracks in the arrange view. Just right click on the track you want to see in the Console from within the Song Page Arrange view and choose "Show in Console".

2. An even quicker way is to simply double click on the track in the arrange view that you want to see in the Console.

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:24 am
Console

Single Click to Show / Hide any VSTi

A single click on the "Instrument Editor" button in the Console or Arrange View will Show / Hide any VSTi for that track.

Show hide VSTi.gif
Show hide VSTi.gif (51.68 KiB) Viewed 427361 times

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:35 am
Drag FX from Console *to* Arrange View

If you prefer working this way you can drag any FX from the Studio One Console to tracks in the Arrange View

1.Drag and drop any FX insert from the Console directly to any different track in the Arrange view. The dragged and dropped FX will also appear on that corresponding target track as an FX Insert in the Console

2.This trick also works for the Inspector. So you can also drag FX from the Console to a desired track in the Inspector to achieve the same result.

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:46 am
Console

Quick track filtering with Screen Buttons

If you often use all the of the different track types available in Studio One in your songs, there is a very easy way to cycle through those different track types (Audio Tracks, Instruments, FX, Buses and Sub Outs) in the Console.

1.Simply click on the "Banks" button in the bottom left of the Console to show the "Screen".

2.Then click on any of the buttons at the foot of the "Screen" to filter and cycle through the different track types in your Song.

This provides a very easy way to focus on certain track types while mixing.
Last edited by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:54 am
Console

Drag across the Screen to Show hide tracks in the Console

There is an alternative way to Show / Hide tracks in the Console. Once you have the Screen visible (hit the "Banks" button on the left side of the Console) you can drag up and down on the Screen area to Show / Hide tracks easily.

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 am
Console

Manage Automation Parameters from Console Mixer Strips

The "Automation Mode" button that is available on each Mixer Strip gives quick access to different types of automation modes but also quick access to parameters that can be automated on that track.

Automation parameters.gif
Automation parameters.gif (74.56 KiB) Viewed 427358 times

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:12 am
Song Page

Info View

You can access it by clicking on the question mark (Info View) button.

Info View button.jpg
Info View button.jpg (6.18 KiB) Viewed 427356 times

You can also float the view with the "Detach / Attach" button here..

Float Info View.jpg
Float Info View.jpg (6.8 KiB) Viewed 427356 times

You will likely get much more out of your Studio One experience if you have this View visible while you navigate the Song Page. Plenty of context sensitive help is on offer when your mouse cursor is moving over the Song page.

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:30 am
Console

FX Chain replacement

If you want to quickly replace all the plugs on one Mixer channel with another set, just drag your chain of plugs over to the target track. Drag from the "Inserts" text area (top of the mixer strip) to the target Mixer Channels corresponding drag and drop "Inserts" text area to complete the replacement.

You can also drag over any insert directly on a channel and the chain of FX will replace all the visible FX there.

FX Chain insert

More care is needed when dragging a chain of FX directly over the inserts themselves. If you see a vertical line appear then this will indicate your chain of FX will drop between, above or below any existing FX (at that point) instead of replacing whatever is visible on that mixer strip. Desirable of course if that is what you want.

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:34 am
Song Page

Zoom Commands

If you prefer more specific pre set Zoom levels to work with when navigating the Arrange View then go to View > Zoom for plenty of commands to help you navigate around S1...and / or use the corresponding keyboard shortcuts.

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:41 am
Console

Colour changes for Multiple tracks in the Console

If you want to quickly group tracks visually with one colour just shift click on the tracks you want to change and then change the colour on any one of them. The colour change will be reflected in all selected tracks.

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:48 am
sunmachine

Hide all Inserts and Sends at once

Alt + Click on the blue left arrow of an arbitrary channel to hide the inserts and sends of all channels.

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:59 am
LMike

Removing Silence

A couple of tips Re: Cleaning your tracks.

1. Run the waveform display heights all the way up to get a better view of the blank spaces against the actual audio blocks and to better identify things that may be harder to see.

2. As to the actual cleaning, while you can CTL+Drag and hit delete or backspace to clean parts I find it much faster to go to the actual Range tool and use shift for multiple non-contiguous selections and fewer Delete key strokes.

So here I can get all of this dead space with one hit of the delete key which makes the cleaning go a little faster...

by db on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:04 am
Tempo Changes in Studio One - Part 1

Using the Transport

1. You can change tempo by going to the Transport at the bottom of the S1 Window, and clicking inside the Tempo field. Simply enter the value you want...and go from there.

2. Or you can use a mouse-wheel motion with your cursor over the field to change the value.

279 postsPage 6 of 14
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14