This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
279 postsPage 1 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14
The sticky thread will return here. Need a few days to sort it all out Hang on :mrgreen:

I will work on text then add images. DO NOT POST comments here. Just S1 tips and more tips folks thanks. :mrgreen:
Last edited by db on Wed May 20, 2015 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

House | Dubstep by Thedmncproject

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by db on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:07 am
Start Page

Current version and updating

1. Under the Setup area of the Start page you can click on the "Check for Updates" command to get basic information on the current version of Studio One you are running with a download button to get hold of the very latest version (if you current version is not up to date).

2. You can also quickly see what version of Studio One is running if you look at the foot of the Start Page.

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by db on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:10 am
Start Page

Image adjustment

Studio One can scale an image if it is too big for the Start Page Artist Profile image box. You can still see a larger image though by simply placing your mouse cursor over the scaled image. S1 will show a magnifying glass which you can use to open a larger version of Artist Profile Image.

by db on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:59 am
Start Page

Perhaps for trouble shooting purposes or other you can access the messages you see when Studio One starts up at any time. Just go to "View" > "Additional views" > "Messages" to see the list. From there you can clear the list or save the list.

by db on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:11 am
Start Page

Quick access to S1 Options

You can access Studio One Options quickly from the top left command on the Start Page....Studio One > Options... You can also access the Studio One Options page from the bottom of the Start Page click on the "Configure Audio Device" command to reach to access Studio One Options page.

The options page will give you access to the following categories...

General, Locations, Audio Setup, External Devices and Advanced

by db on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:30 am
Start Page

Song and Project alternative single click creation.

Easy to miss but while you can create new Songs and Projects in Studio One with the File Command and using the Create a new Song and Create a new Project buttons under the Studio One heading on the Start Page, there is another way.

If you do not already have a Song or Project loaded into Studio One you can start a new Song or Project by simply clicking on the Song or Project buttons (Top right of the Start Page).

by db on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:02 am
Song Page

Managing your Songs and Projects

A small drop down arrow will appear next to the Song and Project buttons (top right) if you have a Song or Project loaded. This will show a drop down list of currently loaded Songs or Projects. Click on these lists to choose which Song or Project has focus.
Last edited by db on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

by db on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:12 am
Song Page

Closing Songs

You can use the "Close" command to close any Song that is in focus. With the "Close" command (Ctrl + W) only the current visible Song is closed and Studio One will keep running / Song page remains visibly open with the next Song in the list having focus (loaded).

If however you use the "Close All" command all open Songs (and any Projects) will be closed and you will be taken back to the Start Page.

The "Close" and "Close All" commands are also available from the Project Page

by db on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:23 am
Song Page

Working with new versions

You can save a new version of your Song with the "File" > "Save New version..." command. This will place a new version of Song in the History folder for your Song. If you browse to your Song folder you will see a History folder there if you have saved a new version.

History folder.jpg
History folder.jpg (22.36 KiB) Viewed 804663 times

You can drag this new version into S1's arrangement view and S1 will immediately load up that version of your Song.

by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:41 am
Song Page

Restore versions

You can use the File > Restore Version... command to bring up a dialog box where you can then select the version of your song you wish to restore.

by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:02 am
Song Page

Timeline - End Marker

Watch the position of your "End Marker" It might be off screen and might make your bounce time longer than it needs to be.
End Marker.jpg
End Marker.jpg (5.6 KiB) Viewed 804616 times

by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:05 am
Song Page

View Song

To see your whole Song (all events horizontally) right click on the Timeline to access the "Fit Timeline to Contents" command.

by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:08 am
Song Page -Tracks

Rename

Double click on the name of a track to edit it. You can also double click on a track name in the Inspector to edit it as well.

by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:16 am
Song Page

Inspector -Working with Layers

1. If you are working with different Layers and want to switch between them quickly, go to the Inspector and click on the "Layers" field. From there you can click on the drop down menu and choose which Layer you want to see. Additional commands for Layer management can be found there as well.

2. If your mouse has a wheel function you can also roll your mouse wheel over the Layers field in the Inspector to switch visible Layers for that track. The Song Page wil visbly update based on your choice / selection made within the Layers field.

by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:26 am
Song Page

Transport - Tempo changes

Roll your mouse wheel over the transports tempo read out in real-time during playback, to slow or speed up your Song. You can of alternatively click on it directly to make changes.

by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:28 am
Song Page

Transport - Midi Monitor

Click on the Midi icon (furthest left on the Transport) to bring up the Midi Monitor.
Last edited by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:38 am
Song Page

Transport - Sample Rate shortcut to Song Set Up

You can click on the Sample Rate value on the Transport to bring up the Song Set Up dialog box. This will give you various options and information for you song covering General, Meta Information and Audio I/O set up.
Last edited by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:14 am
Song Page

Transport - Metronome Setup

Click on the spanner icon within the Metronome section of the Transport to bring up a Metronome Setup dialog box.

by db on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:02 am
Song Page

Navigation

1. The horizontal bar (under the blue arrow) is best for horizontal scrolling (without zooming).
Navigation1.jpg
Navigation1.jpg (6.08 KiB) Viewed 804605 times

2. You can also of course click in the space between the horizontal bar and the small arrows for another variation of horizontal scrolling.

3. You can still zoom with the "Time Zoom" feature (below the red arrow in the image below).
Navigation2.jpg
Navigation2.jpg (7.91 KiB) Viewed 804605 times

4. More incremental movements left or right can be achieved by clicking on the very small arrows either side of the area where that bar resides (under the green arrow above).

by db on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:31 am
Song Page

Nudge

You can Nudge Audio or Midi events

279 postsPage 1 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14