This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
279 postsPage 2 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14
Song Page

Nudge

You can Nudge individual Midi notes (within a Midi Event).

House | Dubstep by Thedmncproject

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by db on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:33 am
Song Page

Nudge

You can group (drag over to select) Midi notes and Nudge them collectively.

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by db on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:34 am
Song Page

Nudge

The Nudge function will obey / follow your quantize settings

by db on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:27 am
Song Page

Events - Different colours for Events on the same track.

1. Right click on the event you want to change the colour of.

2. Click on the colour picker at the top left of the menu

ClipColours.gif
ClipColours.gif (187.7 KiB) Viewed 287495 times

3. Repeat for each of the clips in a single track.

by db on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:09 am
Song Page

Events - Rename

Right click on any event and choose "Rename Events"

by db on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:15 am
Song Page

Display

You can get a much larger time display by simply going to View > Time display.

by db on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:26 am
Song Page

Large Time Display changes

You can change the Display type in the larger floating Time Display by clicking in the lower half of the second display on the Transport (the slightly larger time display on the Transport).

Large Display.gif
Large Display.gif (240.48 KiB) Viewed 287471 times
Song Page

by db on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:35 am
Song Page

Cycle Through FX UI

1. If you have more than one FX on a track and want to see the UI of each FX without double clicking each one in the Console Mixer to see them, just open the first one you want to see then click on the third arrow (top left of the GUI pointing downwards) to access a "Select Device" command. This tip works for VSTi Plugins as well.

CycleFXUI.gif
CycleFXUI.gif (448.95 KiB) Viewed 287470 times

2. Alternatively click on the tabs (top right) in the image above where the the FX names for that track are clearly visible.

3. You can also scroll through the "Select Device" listings should you wish to with your mouse wheel. You should do this without the list of devices being visible. Simply place your cursor over the Select Device button and then move your scroll wheel.

by db on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:52 am
Song Page

Performance Monitor

Perfomance Monitor.gif
Perfomance Monitor.gif (37.98 KiB) Viewed 287468 times

Go to View > Performance Monitor to see a larger CPU and Disc Meter. You can see meters for...

1.CPU
2.Disc
3.Instruments
4.Automation
5.Cache
6.Show Devices
(toggle)

by db on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 pm
Song Page

Performance Monitor - Show devices

1. Go to View - Performance Monitor.

2. Click on the Show Devices box for a detailed breakdown of CPU usage and Latency e.t.c for any loaded Plugins in your Song (FX or VSTi).

3 Click on the headers to sort the lists to taste.

Show Devices.gif
Show Devices.gif (176.64 KiB) Viewed 287467 times

by db on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:26 am
Song Page

Browser - S1 content

Go to the Sounds tab within the S1 browser to find additional content that ships with Studio One. If installed it should be visible there.
Last edited by db on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

by db on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:36 am
Song Page

Browser - Right click Pool commands

There are many highly useful commands you can access when right clicking on a Wave file in Studio One's browser. Go to the Pool tab (at the foot of the browser) and simply right click on any visible file to acess a list of relevant commands.

by db on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:46 am
Song Page

Browser - Loop Sync

Loops previewed in the Browser from the Files tab should sync to your song tempo by default, but If you want to hear loops at their original tempo then deactivate the Play at Song Tempo Button (Metronome icon) in the Browser transport. That button will be visible if you are in the Files tab while working in the Browser.

by db on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:51 am
Song Page

Browser - Refresh

Have you recently added new files that are not visible within the S1 Browser? Right click on any window in the Browser and select the Refresh command.

by db on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:06 am
Song Page

Browser - Tab management

The selection of tabs that are available at the top of the S1 Browser for the Sounds and Files tabs are not fixed. You can add your own set of tabs for a more personalised workflow.

When you are in either of those windows simply right click at the top of the browser to bring up a right click menu of commands that will allow you to customise tabs to your tastes and / or add new tabs. Remember this is for the Sounds and Files Tabs only.

by db on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:58 am
Console

Screen - Mini Meters

1. You can see mini meters in the Screen (within the Console) You can access the Screen by clicking on the Banks button.

Banks.gif
Banks.gif (79.98 KiB) Viewed 287395 times

2. Once the Screen is visible simply right click on a track entry (in the Screen Window) and go to View > Levels. These smaller meters can be used to get a quick overview of tracks with active signals.

MiniMeters.gif
MiniMeters.gif (46.76 KiB) Viewed 287395 times

by db on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:11 am
Console

Screen - Managing Presets

At the foot of the Screen window (within the Console) you can save a Screen state easily. Just click on the "+" button to create a preset or click on the "-" button to delete an existing Screen preset.

Screen Presets are very useful. You can use them to easily save and recall different Mixer views by saving them in the Screen and recalling them whenever you want.

Do you want to call up a Screen state for the Mixer with just your Sends visible? Or maybe you just want to quickly see all your drum parts for a quick overview of their levels while hding all other tracks. Or maybe you have a different selection of tracks that you want to be visible for a more focused mixing session. Screen Presets will help you.

by db on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:46 am
Console

Send and FX Indicators

When the Small size combined with Normal width views are used in the mixer each track will have two small indicators. The left indicator will light up if FX are present on that channel...the right indicator will also light up if Sends are present on that channel.

Indicators.jpg
Indicators.jpg (20.78 KiB) Viewed 287393 times

It means at a glance you can see if there are any FX or Sends on a channel without expanding the channel strip to see them. This means you can have the Console visible but...get some more screen space for the Arrange View.

A simple click on the small arrow below these indicators will show or hide the FX Inserts or Sends next to the Track strip in the mixer.

by db on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:21 am
Console

Auto scrolling

The Studio One Console can auto scroll. If the track you want to see is not visible in the mixer just go to the Screen (hit the "Banks" button, bottom left within the Console to bring up the Screen window) and select the track you want to see there, right click then select the "Show in Console" command. The Mixer will auto scroll to get it into view.

You can also select a track in the arrange view and then go to Track > Show in Console to get the Console to Auto scroll to the track if it is not immediately visible.

by db on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:24 am
Console

Trash

If you delete an FX insert or even an instrument it will not be completely removed. It goes into the "Trash Bin". You can see this behaviour if you have the Trash Bin open and then delete an FX insert. It will be removed from a track but also appear in the S1 Trash Bin.

Click on the "Trash" Button (bottom left of the Console) to bring up the "Trash Bin" window.

Just right click on the item in the Trash Bin to fully "Delete" it or "Restore" it.

Trash.jpg
Trash.jpg (6.61 KiB) Viewed 287438 times

279 postsPage 2 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14