This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
279 postsPage 3 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14
Console

Mixer - Replace FX

Just drag and drop directly on top of another FX to replace it within the Mixer. This also works when dragging an FX from the Inspector to the Consoles mixer channels.

House | Dubstep by Thedmncproject

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by db on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:17 am
Console

Mixer - Fader defaults

Ctrl + click to return faders to their default positions

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by db on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:25 am
Console

Show Outputs

Click on the plus button (in the Instruments Panel) to add a VSTi and right click on the VSTi entry to Expand ...or see the Outputs for it. They should now appear in the Instruments panel.

Multiple-Outputs.jpg
Multiple-Outputs.jpg (20.21 KiB) Viewed 323739 times

by db on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:40 am
Console

Float

You can detach the Console so that it becomes a floating view. To do this simply click on the Detach button in the Console.
detach.jpg
detach.jpg (9.87 KiB) Viewed 323739 times
[Default Key Command: Control / Command + F3]

by db on Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:46 pm
Console

Resize

The mixer does not have a fixed size. There are four combinations that can be used.

1. Small with a Narrow or Normal width

2. Large: Also with Narrow and Normal width variants

You find the buttons that offer these sizes on the far left of the console.

Resize mixer.jpg
Resize mixer.jpg (11.21 KiB) Viewed 323729 times

by db on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:41 am
Console

Micro views

Studio One has what can best be described as a Live / Real time Mixer. Micro views allow a user to make changes to a plugins (key) parameters without opening the UI of a plugin. This currently only works for Studio One Plugins.
Microviews.gif
Microviews.gif (914.87 KiB) Viewed 323713 times

by db on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:08 am
Console

Drag and drop - FX Chain

You can drag any FX chain to another track easily by placing your cursor over the "Inserts" text (at the top of each mixer strip in the Console) until a hand appears. You can now drag your entire chain to any other track in the mixer.

by db on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:13 am
Console

Activate all

You can deactivate or re - activate a chain of FX with a single click. Each mixer strip has a power button (top right of each mixer strip). Simply click on the power button for the mixer strip (not on any of the inserted FX).

Of course the individual FX inserts can still be deactivated with their own power buttons, but one can easily bypass them all by clicking on the mixer strips "Activate all" button instead.

by db on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:16 am
Project Window

Song file bounce

You can drag in a wave file or...a Studio One Song file into the Project Window. if you drag a Song file (.song) S1 will bounce that Song down to a Wave file and then add it to the Project Window Timeline. Each wave file you drag / or bounced Song file will have its own dedicated track.

by db on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:21 am
Project Window

Event Colours

You can change the colour of a wave file / audio event in the Project view Time line by going to the corresponding track and either clicking on the far left edge to reveal a colour palette or rolling over the thin colour strip at the left track edge with your mouse wheel.

by db on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:27 am
Project Window

Show / hide more

Click on the "Show / hide more" down arrow at the left side of each track in the Project window to reveal a list of useful fields for data entry...

ISRC
Comment
Songwriter
Composer
Arranger
Genre
Year
Artwork

by db on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:14 pm
Midi Keyboard Splits

Using the Inspector's Input Filter to build Keyboard Splits

1. Select an Instrument Track

2. Open the Inspector (above the white arrow in the image below)

Input Filter.jpg
Input Filter.jpg (33.13 KiB) Viewed 323689 times

3. Click on the Input Filter Button (under the orange arrow in the above image).

4. Make a filter range, like maybe a low range for bass.

5. Load another synth and track for another range, another filter up higher like maybe for piano.

6. Put both tracks into input monitor to play or record the split across both tracks.

by db on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:18 pm
Project Window

Track order

If you want to rearrange the order of your tracks you don't have to drag and re order events in the Time line directly, you can simply reorder the tracks in the tracks pane where your tracks are listed. This will also keep the 2 second default gap between the tracks audio events in the Time line.

by db on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:25 pm
PreSonus

Jonathan Hillman - Mastering with Studio One

phpBB [video]

by db on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:28 pm
PreSonus

Jim Odom - Studio One Mastering tips

phpBB [video]

by db on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:23 am
Product Focus - Spectrasonics Stylus RMX

Setting up Outputs for Spectrasonics Stylus RMX in Studio One

a. Drag an instance of RMX from the Browser to any area under the last track in the Arrange View or to an empty track. Right click on that track and choose "Show in Console"

b. Make sure the Instr.(Instrument) button is selected (can be found to the far left of the Console) Now from the Instruments area click on the entry for Stylus RMX and choose "Expand". You should now see the available outputs for RMX listed.

c. Select the outputs you want and they should now show up in the Mixer

d. Don't forget to also set the outputs in RMX to taste.

by db on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 am
Console

VSTi quick access.

Click on the small cross at the top of the Instrument window (within the console) to bring up a list with your VSTi's to choose from. Click on any of those listed to insert a VSTi.

by db on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:32 am
Browser

Unpacking Songs

1. Use the Files tab to browse a .song file in the the Browser.

2. Right click on it and choose "Show Package Contents". Various folders can be found there which vary according to the existing content for your Song.That content can then be dragged into any other Song.

by db on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:56 am
Parameter Automation

Using the Inspector for automation

a. Go to the Inspector

b. Go to the Automation section and click on the Select Parameter field. It should show the following text by default "Display: Off".

c. Click on that text field and choose Add / Remove to add your own selection of parameters to automate.

by db on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:01 am
Parameter Automation

Touch parameters

You can simply touch any parameter on the UI of the plug you want to automate and in the left parameter box (top left of the Studio One Song page) simply place your mouse cursor over the hand icon and drag it to any track. S1 will create an Automation lane for that parameter.

279 postsPage 3 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14