This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I know this is not the forum for questions, but I still feel this one might as well go in here.

The message board and the exchange section is filled with various shortcuts, macros, tips and tricks. However, a lot of new and revised features have been implemented natively in newer updates of Studio One (currently at 3.2.2), and thus rendered quite a few of these old solutions obsolete.

Therefore my question is this:

What are your favourite (native or custom made) macros, shortcuts (keyboard shortcuts, drag & drop etc.) and work flow features that make composing, recording, editing and mixing that much more enjoyable?
by Skaperverket on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:28 am
Personally I love packing tracks into folders and turning the same folder into a bus. I use this a lot. (I've tried to make a macro for this, but I haven't found a way to do it. The closest I have come is a separate bus track in addition to the folder track. Any advice?)

I also love the new feature in 3.2.2 where you can drag/drop a plugin to the send of a channel in the console while holding [ALT], and it'll create a send to a new bus channel (as opposed to a FX return when done without the modifier key) with the dragged/dropped plugin. (The bus channel allows you to use its send feature to send to further FX returns or FX busses [f.i. send a delay channel to a reverb channel]; while a FX return lacks this send feature.)
by Skaperverket on Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:33 am
I feel so stupid right now. I came across a shortcut that I wasn't aware of before and thought I'd share. Perhaps this is obvious to others, but here it goes:

I can double click on a send slot to show the first plugin in the chain I'm sending to. So if I double click on the send slot called Hall, then Studio One automatically opens Phoenix Verb that I've inserted on the FX Channel. In other words: Double clicking the send opens the return.

I used to scroll all the way to the FX Channel in the mix window to open its plugins. Double clicking the send slot is naturally a lot more intelligent way of doing it.
by miked7 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:14 am
Good one, I can't wait to try that. I've been opening the drop-down, and scrolling to the bottom where it says "Show Destination" or something like that. THEN opening the plugin from there. Double-clicking will be sweeeeet! Thanks!

In the spirit of your thread here, my favorite feature right now is the Splitter/Routing screen functionality. It saves loads of time not to having to set up a bus for parallel compression, then hunt it down every time you want to tweak it. Plus any of the various things you can do right in the splitter window like split the frequencies, left/right, multiple parallel splits. Simply an ingenious feature. Love it!

---- - ----
Studio One Pro 6.5 | Apollo Twin Duo USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 | 32GB RAM | SSDs
SoundCloud | Project 9732 | Komplex 2

4 posts
Page 1 of 1