This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
119 postsPage 2 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Hi jpettit,

the most missed feature for all of us who deal with live recordings!

I'm looking forward to your training video. Your other training videos for tempo mapping already helped me a lot. :thumbup:

Thank you for that!
Ralf
by matthewgorman on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:00 am
So you all recommend Studio?
I thought the only difference is being able to edit several tracks at once... seems like there's more to it?
I guess I'll need to check out the product videos or RTFM :reading: :mrgreen:

Yes. I haven't gotten into everything as some others have already, but its more than just the multi track option for sure.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Lawrence on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:36 am
Nice video Jeff. :thumbup:

You have a talent for laying out things in a very understandable and logical way. If you happen to see me make a tutorial video that kinda mimics your great methods, yes, it's me copying your methodology. :lol:
by David Mood on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:55 am
I hope this info will be helpful also to others...

Melodyne Studio differs from Editor by offering 3 additional features, which are:

- Multitrack Note Editing
- Sound Editor
- Time Quantizing using a reference track

According to the Celemony site, otherwise Studio and Editor are identical.

I think I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade to Studio, because the Sound Editor seems to be awesome.

Quantizing using a reference track sounds also very promising, I wonder if that can replace VocAlign (Revoice Pro)? If it does, then the 50$ difference in the upgrade price would be more than worth it.

Win7 x64 SP1 / i7 2600K / 16 GB RAM / ATI Radeon HD 5450 / ASUS P8P67-M PRO MB
by Bub on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:40 am
jpettit wrote
Bub wroteThe biggest difference I'm seeing is they are calling it 'Intonation' correction now instead of 'pitch' correction. That and a few other things that should have been there from the beginning like key bindings etc. etc.. that I shouldn't have to pay $149 bucks for.
Bub, If you are not into: Tempo Mapping, or need hotkey binding, or want to use the new universal algorithm for things such as tape stop effects, or want the new kinds of polyphonic correction (One that actual works with distorted guitars), then yes there might be some heavy thinking about paying the upgrade price. :-) .... Seriously some will pass.

Presonus should have done something with tempo mapping. And yes, I am in to tempo mapping. Been waiting for it in my DAW for a long time, not a 3rd party VST.

Hotkey binding should have been there all along as well as many other menu options. For example global 'snap' on/off.

I'll believe the polyphonic correction that actually works with distorted guitars when I hear it. ;)

There's already a lot of tape stop vst's out there. Some free.

I'm sorry, I just can't get excited about this release. Almost all of it should have been there from the beginning and the whole tempo mapping thing should be part of S1.

I'm not quite sure exactly what we are paying to update S1 for seeing how they don't have to actually do anything now with ARA. Just let a 3rd party do it for you.

All that said, yeah, I'll probably suck it up and upgrade. *SiGh* At least I can use it in other ARA compatible DAW's.

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by jpettit on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:06 pm
David Mood wroteI hope this info will be helpful also to others...

Melodyne Studio differs from Editor by offering 3 additional features, which are:

- Multitrack Note Editing
- Sound Editor
- Time Quantizing using a reference track

According to the Celemony site, otherwise Studio and Editor are identical.

I think I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade to Studio, because the Sound Editor seems to be awesome.

Quantizing using a reference track sounds also very promising, I wonder if that can replace VocAlign (Revoice Pro)? If it does, then the 50$ difference in the upgrade price would be more than worth it.
Go for it.
Vocal align: yes that to be tested. you could already copy a phrasing ( not just pitch) so you should be able to copy one vocals phrasing to another's

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by matthewgorman on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:12 pm

It kinda is David. From what I gather, the current upgrade pricing will time out, and you will hate to pay $500-$600 for what you could have gotten for $150.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Bbd on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:37 pm
Not $150! It is $125.99 at AudioDeluxe. You have to sign in and checkout to see this price.

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/celemon ... io-upgrade

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Bbd on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:40 pm
Bub wrote
jpettit wrote
Bub wrote
I'm sorry, I just can't get excited about this release. Almost all of it should have been there from the beginning and the whole tempo mapping thing should be part of S1.

I'm not quite sure exactly what we are paying to update S1 for seeing how they don't have to actually do anything now with ARA. Just let a 3rd party do it for you.

All that said, yeah, I'll probably suck it up and upgrade. *SiGh* At least I can use it in other ARA compatible DAW's.

Hey Bub,
I supported FR's for tempo mapping in S1. Maybe it will happen someday but with Studio 4, I may get what I want now. I will soon find out.
I don't mind spending this money. It may be that Melodyne has a lot more resource to handle this issue than Presonus. Time will tell on that as well.

In the meantime, I am living for today.
;)

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jpettit on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:03 pm
For $125.99 you have the ultimate toolbox for musical audio.
Pitch (mono and polyphonic ) editing
Timing (single and multiple track) editing
Tempo editing (world class decades ahead what DAW developers can do)
Format Shaping
Harmonic Shaping
Re-synthesis
Vocal alignment

Just to name a few of the tools in the toolbox. ;)
I consider it a game changer.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by dgkenney on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:09 pm
Here's a quick and dirty example of Melodyne 4's tempo mapping, Just me and an acoustic with a 2 mic set-up. Melodyne recognized it automatically as a 6/8 meter ranging from 72-76 bpm. Produced a tempo map that was used to add soem percusssion via ezdrummer. Not bad imo given the drift, lack of any click track at all and automatic detection with no intervention.

https://soundcloud.com/dgkenney/one-nig ... -my-window

It's all down hill from what's in front of the microphone. - Bob Olhsson

Studio One 6.5x Pro
***Optoplex i7 @ 3.4 ghz 32 gig mem running Windows 10 x64 Pro
*** Levono E520 with Win 10 x64 Pro
***Studio rig - MOTU Ultralite AVB*** Audient ASP/880***
***Mobile rig - Antelope Zen Q***
***Soundtoys/Plugin Alliance/Izotope/Slate/Nomad Factory plugs***
and....Lots of Outboard gear cause Pipeline is your friend
by Lawrence on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:24 pm
I'm sorry, I just can't get excited about this release.

No need to be sorry, you're entitled to feel however you feel about it.

I can't say I've ever seen a release of anything where everyone felt the same way about it so, no biggie imo.
by Bbd on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:33 pm
dgkenney wroteHere's a quick and dirty example of Melodyne 4's tempo mapping, Just me and an acoustic with a 2 mic set-up. Melodyne recognized it automatically as a 6/8 meter ranging from 72-76 bpm. Produced a tempo map that was used to add soem percusssion via ezdrummer. Not bad imo given the drift, lack of any click track at all and automatic detection with no intervention.

https://soundcloud.com/dgkenney/one-nig ... -my-window

Cool test dgkenney!
Did you have to tweek ANYTHING to create the tempo map? No moving, editing, etc.?
You probably had to move the audio to line up with the downbeat in S1 but after that, anything at all?

Bbd

by dgkenney on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:40 pm
No nothing really.

I did trim the start of the track(s) to be exactly on a bar

I did have some initial problems where Melodyne understood the correct tempo but would then conform the file to the DAW (Studio 1v3) tempo despite it realizing it was wrong. (S1V3 was set to 120bpm.) Turns out that the track time stretching was engaged also. Once I set that to "Don't Follow" everything went as planned.

Ctrl M to launch Melodyne
Enabled tempo map
Grabbed the track and moved it to the tempo track
Had to manually set Studio One to 6/8 - Melodyne recognized it and displayed the correct meter but did not automatically change it along with the tempo map
Added an instrument track with Ezdrummer

Pretty much it. As I said I thought it was amazingly easy coming from the oldr days of tempo mapping almost bar by bar in PT.

It's all down hill from what's in front of the microphone. - Bob Olhsson

Studio One 6.5x Pro
***Optoplex i7 @ 3.4 ghz 32 gig mem running Windows 10 x64 Pro
*** Levono E520 with Win 10 x64 Pro
***Studio rig - MOTU Ultralite AVB*** Audient ASP/880***
***Mobile rig - Antelope Zen Q***
***Soundtoys/Plugin Alliance/Izotope/Slate/Nomad Factory plugs***
and....Lots of Outboard gear cause Pipeline is your friend
by jpettit on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:45 pm
dgkenney wroteNo nothing really.

I did trim the start of the track(s) to be exactly on a bar

I did have some initial problems where Melodyne understood the correct tempo but would then conform the file to the DAW (Studio 1v3) tempo despite it realizing it was wrong. (S1V3 was set to 120bpm.) Turns out that the track time stretching was engaged also. Once I set that to "Don't Follow" everything went as planned.

Ctrl M to launch Melodyne
Enabled tempo map
Grabbed the track and moved it to the tempo track
Had to manually set Studio One to 6/8 - Melodyne recognized it and displayed the correct meter but did not automatically change it along with the tempo map
Added an instrument track with Ezdrummer

Pretty much it. As I said I thought it was amazingly easy coming from the oldr days of tempo mapping almost bar by bar in PT.

Glad it work for you!
I must say it is way better than anything I had ever hoped for.

by Bbd on Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:34 pm
Thanks for sharing that dgkenney!
I will be checking it out tomorrow.

Bbd

by Funkybot on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:14 pm
This is definitely a case of RTFM, but can anyone tell me if there's a quick and easy way to set the bar and beat in Melodyne and have that transient line up and if so, how?

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by jpettit on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:07 pm
Funkybot wroteThis is definitely a case of RTFM, but can anyone tell me if there's a quick and easy way to set the bar and beat in Melodyne and have that transient line up and if so, how?

Don't quite know what you are referred to with transient. In Melodyne it would be a blob you are aligning to.

Are you asking how to set beat one in S1 or how to set beat one in M4?

If M4 you drag the tempo bar to the beat representing the first sound.
It will by default move in quarter note steps. (The whole ruler will move left or right).
If it lines up then you are set.

If it does not ( which is common) Then:
b. If it will not snap to the correct downbeat position use this procedure to fine tune it:
i. Click the segment BPM drop down and select "enter subdivision"
ii. Type 16 subdivisions and slide the tempo first down beat line over to align with the first downbeat.
iii. (Optionally) return the subdivision number back to its original value
Now the beat one marker will move in 1/16th steps.
Match it up with the first real beat one measure in the blobs.

by David Mood on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:29 pm
jpettit wroteGo for it.

Haha, yes sir! :)

I just wanted to try the tempo mapping feature with a piano recording, but it doesn't work for me.
The tempo settings are greyed out, and I can't click on it.
What am I doing wrong? :shock:

I also tried with a different recording in a different song, the same there...

Btw, Melodyne still does not store the zoom setting you have set. Bummer! :x

Win7 x64 SP1 / i7 2600K / 16 GB RAM / ATI Radeon HD 5450 / ASUS P8P67-M PRO MB
by jpettit on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:24 pm
David Mood wrote
jpettit wroteGo for it.

Haha, yes sir! :)

I just wanted to try the tempo mapping feature with a piano recording, but it doesn't work for me.
The tempo settings are greyed out, and I can't click on it.
What am I doing wrong? :shock:

I also tried with a different recording in a different song, the same there...

Btw, Melodyne still does not store the zoom setting you have set. Bummer! :x

Did you watch my video closely?
1) To enable tempo editing you have to click the wrench.(note assignment mode)
2) you then have to click the tempo link button that you have an arrow pointing to.
3) you should then go verify that beat one is truly on beat one as there may be a partial pre measure for intro.
4) then turn up the metronome on the upper right and double click the timeline in M4 to solo the song with the M4 internal metronome. This will let you visually and audibly verify the downbeats.
5) if all is good close the Note Assignment mode ( wrench)
6) if you need more instructions send me a PM for more details about aligning beat one, time signature etcetera.
I am about a week away from finishing basic training on it. Celemony does not have video training yet but they have more written details about the basics here http://helpcenter.celemony.com/hc-2/
Click the tempo editing option on the right and you will get about a dozen overview articles.

119 postsPage 2 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6