This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
This video deals with Controlling the muddiness in a mix by using fewer effects and making use of the FX Channels.

phpBB [video]

by ChazP on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:42 am
I like your recommendation. Your approach to using the "sends" to accommodate multiple tracks has the potential of reducing CPU load considerably. Thanks.

Chaz P
Win 10 64bit, HP 32GB AMD Six Core Processor, Glyph Studio Hard Drives (3TB*2), StudioLive 32.4.2AI, Studio 192, Digimax DP88, AudioBox 1818VSL, OctoPre MkII Dynamic, Faderport, Central Station Plus, Monitor Station, HP6 Headphone Amp, KRK 8, Sceptre S8, Avantone MixCube, Temblor T8 Subwoofer, Avalon U5/M5, ADL600, ADL700, RC500, Eureka, Studio Channel, Radial ProD8, S1Pro 3.1, Omnisphere 2, NI Komplete 10U, Korg Kronos X88, Yamaha Motif XF7, Roland Jupiter 80, Roland Integra 7, NI Komplete Kontrol S61, and Fender Basses.
by johnnygeib2 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:03 am
Thanx. I'm so glad it was helpful.

by jfk on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:51 am
I'd go even a step further and add one or more FX channels that contain only a single tap delay with no feedback. Each one delay has a different time value (e.g. 30ms, 80ms). The output of all delay FX would then be route into the existing Reverb FX channel.

This allows you the select for each track channel which predlay should be used for it's reverb send.

Here's an example
Vocals -> FX Send to "80ms Rev"
Guitars -> FX Send to "30ms Rev"
Key -> FX Send to "Rev"

FX Track "80ms Rev": Insert = 80ms delay, no Feedback, Out = "FX Reverb"
FX Track "30ms Rev": Insert = 30ms delay, no Feedback, Out = "FX Reverb"
FX Track "Reverb": Insert = Mixverb, Out = "Main"

So you can handle everything in a single instance of a high-end reverb plugin => better sound, less CPU. And in the same time you'll have control over pre-delay for the tracks!
by moconnell on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:54 pm
Hi. You are so competent at explaining basic and complex concepts. Thank you for this video tutorial.
by johnnygeib2 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:43 am
moconnell wroteHi. You are so competent at explaining basic and complex concepts. Thank you for this video tutorial.

I appreciate that very much thanx.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1