This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
This is a song I had the pleasure to mix, written by an HST member who was gracious enough to let me take a try at a mix. A beautiful song that I decided to make a mixing video out of. It's long but it contains many of my "Minimal Mixing" Techniques which is a way of using the least amount of plugins (sometimes none at all) to get the most natural mix out of what's there.

phpBB [video]

by patm300e on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:45 am
Great Job mixing this! This really helps us noobs figure out how to do things in Studio One. Would it be possible to get more information on the tracking? Like what vocal mike was used? What instruments were used, etc.

Thanks...
Pat

Studio One 5.1 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.
by johnnygeib2 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:38 pm
patm300e wroteGreat Job mixing this! This really helps us noobs figure out how to do things in Studio One. Would it be possible to get more information on the tracking? Like what vocal mike was used? What instruments were used, etc.

Thanks...
Pat

Thanx for that. But sadly I don't have that information. I will see if I can find out more info.

by patm300e on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:12 am
Thanks, Just realized that it has been two years since you posted this...No worries if you can't find out, It is just very clean and your minimal processing proves this. This is essentially the way Alan Parsons does things. Clean recording and minimal processing. (Saw an interview with him on line).

Studio One 5.1 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1