This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
78 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
Toggling FX Chains On/Off for all visible tracks. I may incorporate this into the grid with checkbox fields to toggle only the list items checked when you click that button.

phpBB [video]
by mwright137 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:28 am
Someday I hope to have enough time to catch up with what you guys are doing...

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Nelios on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:46 am
Looking good so far. You shouldn't link pictures of code though, it's really annoying, paste it on http://pastebin.com/ or on https://gist.github.com/ :)
I know you can decompile everything etc, but why don't you upload your projects on Github? Especially if you're planning on teaching/showing things to beginners, you should assume that they have no idea on how to decompile your code!

Anyway, I have tons of work this week so I won't be able to progress that quickly... So far though, I'm working on an easy to use library to send things (clicks, keys, shortcuts etc) & to control Studio One. Also, I can't do double clicks without moving the cursor :/ I won't focus on that though, there are workarounds for most actions that require double clicking.
After that, I'll maybe try to adapt your project to C#... with a few additions (no setup for example, I've some ideas...).

By the way, the FX Toggling you just made... Why is this not in Studio One already? I'd use it everytime :O
I feel like I'm coding bots for Studio One :lol: I like it.
by Lawrence on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:49 am
Don't really use Git. I use VSOnline for source control. Once I get this thing in a decent state I'll just share the whole project source via a zip link. Along the way if anyone wants a sub or code module, just ask for it. As it stands now, this project was from a merge so there's a lot of unused source in it that needs cleaning out before I finish.

As to "teaching" I'm probably not qualified to teach any of this. It was intended (the initial tutorial) more as a general directional pointer and getting started guide, not a class. :)

Anyway, here's the current graphic state or UI direction. I'm using filters to filter out tracks for the Restore part, so any tracks that are checked won't get restored, which makes it a little more flexible. Chopped off and resized a tiny bit to make the height fit here...

And the whole UI reduced so the setup screen and modes reduced also. I added a discreet setup mode for the FX chain coordinates. That may all go away once I figure out a better way to get those coordinates.

The buttons are functional but butt-ugly :lol: , so I'm gonna change some of that, flatten the buttons and add mouseovers and all that for a better general look. I've mostly been focusing on function, not so much looks yet.
by dr4kan on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:12 pm
Very nice thread. Unfortunately I am on Mac so I cannot benefit from your work :(
Does somebody use Xojo? It is cross-platform and very powerful. In case I could also contribute as I can program with it.

Guitarist and composer:
----------------------------------------------------
https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/davi ... d968493291

My system:
MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB ram
Presonus Sphere
by Lawrence on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:58 pm
A better looking UI, not sure about the colors but better than the butt ugly standard win buttons. I still may turn the grid background back white though, dunno, just experimenting away from "fugly".

by Nelios on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:26 pm
Meh, look doesn't matter, as long as it works... Keep the blue background though, it's easier on the eyes than plain white.
Dr4kan, even though we don't use Xojo, feel free to contribute! There some ideas in this thread, you could try to port them if you don't know where to start :)
by Lawrence on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:30 pm
Yeah, I'm torn on the white or blue. I may just put both in and let the user switch. Here's the white one. I'm also trying to find a good flat "Filter" icon for that 4th column, but yeah, I'm not gonna spend too much time on the looks.

I'll clean up the code so I can upload the source project. Be forewarned, I suck at writing classes so my code is A, B, C, D to get from here to there, not that sleek and kinda roundabout in a few places.

P.S. The gap between the FX Chain power buttons is 87 px (in that view). I kept missing it. If the gap / loop X coord increment is off by even 1 pixel it will start to miss the target at some point down the console.
by Nelios on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:34 pm
I'll try to add an image detection tool to my library, never done anything like that though, it may never happen... It would be really useful for things like FX Toggling since there are essentially 4 possibilities (on/off & selected on/selected off). Like, the user press the DisableFX button, the program checks where the pixels match & click where it's okay. Basically, it's a bot... But for Studio One, not for a game (technically, everything we've done is a bot hahaha). Also, no more gap problem!

If you want a simple flat checkmark (4th column), you can make something with a square. Checked = strong color, unchecked = dull color. Or maybe 2 square, one to simulate a border, and another one for the inside. The one inside could change its color to show if it's full (checked) or empty (unchecked). You have a lot of solutions :)
by Lawrence on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:40 pm
Hey Nelios,

What I'll do is make a short video with my crappy headset mic walking through the tool and how I see it applying to using with Studio One on a regular basis. From there, I'll take a last look over the Alpha code bits and I'll PM you a link to the source so you can do what you do, very likely scope some of it out larger or better.

I'll embed the vid in this post later.

Update: The source link is in your PM. Tweak it, improve it, share it back here as an executable for the users here. Below is a video of me explaining the context. Didn't bother to script or edit the audio or even use a decent mic so... try to not be too annoyed by the audio.

phpBB [video]
by Nelios on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:23 pm
A crappy mic? Well, you still have a better sound than most people on youtube :lol:
Thank you for the sources, I'll post them on Github tomorrow (it's... 4:11 AM here, you'll see why I stayed up so late though) if you're ok with that. Before I do anything to the code (although I don't think I'll do anything, I'll maybe use some bits of code for my (upcoming) version...

Okay, now, speaking of "upcoming" version, check it out. You only have to DOCK the console and it works perfectly with ANY resolution. Oh yeah, you don't even have to be in a special mode (Narrow/Normal). Magic? No, "Image Searching" (I call it like that).

No code or anything for now, it's not ready yet. It will certainly be before the weekend though (if everything goes well)... I'll include a small library of common methods I use (hooking to a process, sending clicks, keys, shortcuts etc). Image Searching included.

LMike, I hope this small teaser gives you some ideas 8-)
Anyway, that's official now, I've coded a (partial) bot for Studio One.
by Lawrence on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:32 pm
:) Love the magic button, you - gotta - share those code bits. :lol:

Now that better coders than me (close your eyes and point and odds are you'll be pointing at one :lol: ) are "interested", maybe this bus will travel a good bit farther than my little short bus. :lol:

P.S. Don't put that on GitHub. I have a feeling we'll end up with something much better after you finish.
by Waveformbakery on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:54 am
I watched the video, even i'm on Mac, and it looks like you guys have something nice going on :). Looks like a awesome tool! Nice work!

Mac Pro 8-Core Early 2008 | 16GB | OSX 10.9.2 Klein & Hummel O300 | RME Fireface 800 | Presonus Studio One | Chandler Germanium Pair | Avalon 2055 EQ | Eventide Eclipse | Roland Space Echo RE-201 | AKG BX-22E Spring Tank | Tapco 4400A Spring Reverb | Korg Mono/Poly | Roland Juno-60 |
by Lawrence on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:57 am
Yeah, it looks like this particular endeavor might end up being very useful in the end.

Whenever Nelios posts his source code, I'll pull out the bits that lets him hit those FX Chain power buttons without parsing static coordinates and frame it / isolate it in a post so everyone can use it. I suspect that much better methodology will apply to some other unrelated areas and/or tools.

I guess he wants to finish his project and/or the related class library before sharing that.
by dr4kan on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:18 am
Hey Mike,

that video is just awesome! I hope S1 developers watched it as well, as they could get inspired...

Nice job.

Guitarist and composer:
https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/davi ... d968493291

My system:
MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB ram
Presonus Sphere
by Lawrence on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:20 am
It would not surprise me at all if things like this became completely redundant in the 3.x development cycle. I have that much faith in Studio One development team despite the regular rounds of impatient "I'm entitled to the world on a platter yesterday..." griping on the general forums. :)

But in the interim ... it's fun to hack at it. And now that we have a (...well, "another", Jeff was one already... :)) guy on board who has way more coding skill than me, things are really looking up. I expect to be impressed when he lets his snapshot dog out of the kennel.
by Nelios on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:02 am
I'll try to have something up before Saturday. I'm iterating too much to post it for now :/

The thing is, even if it's added to Studio One 3.X, we'll have it for free in 2.X (assuming you'll have to pay for the upgrade)!

Also, if you have ideas you'd want in my library (redundant things mostly), tell me. Here is a list of current functionalities:
  • Clicking (left/right) at a specific point.
  • ImageSearching a specific point in S1's interface.
  • Modifiers (Ctrl, Alt, Shift, Mouse Click).
  • Keys input.
  • Process hooking (outputs an IntPtr).
I'll need some help to document things by the way, my English is far from perfect...

PS: I'm not that great at coding, I'm just hacking my way through... Looks like it works though. :lol:
by Lawrence on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:08 am
ImageSearching a specific point in S1's interface.

That's the part that I can't figure out by myself. :)

The rest of it I already have and was pulling bits from a class module I wrote some time ago, an S1 Class module that I'd also compiled into a dll that handles all of the clicking and other messaging with simple code lines. It also included functions for hitting the midi patch and bank fields in the inspector, converting Steiny patch files, opening and populating the Song Data XML screen bits (for multiple random client info since it's currently static / singular), etc, etc.

But the Image Searching bit you demonstrated is above my pay grade. That... is... nice. :lol:

Process hooking (outputs an IntPtr)

Well, ^^^ make that two things from the list above ^^^, to be accurate. :)

Glad you came around... good to have you here.

PS: I'm not that great at coding, I'm just hacking my way through...

Too late. You've been nominated. :lol:
by Nelios on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:42 pm
Okay, here it is.
LMike, I'll need your help for the documentation tomorrow (or later), if you're okay with that :)

There is one thing left to add: keyboard inputs. It should be done before the end of the week for sure though.
Other than that, documentations & videos...

Special thanks to LMike for making this thread, never thought of doing things like that for Studio One before... <3
by tshadgett on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:12 am
This is awesome guys!

I still haven't had a chance to look through any of the code you initially posted, but I'll get there. I'm really excited that this path exists to integrate with S1 and that you guys are sharing the work. I'm sure people will take these ideas and run with them in many different directions.
As another poster said above, please don't assume others are not interested because you are not seeing many posts fom others. Like me, others are probably reading this with enthusiasm, but may not have the opportunity to get involved or contribute (especially at the pace you guys are setting here!)

Thanks again!

78 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4